CC!Schlatt x Reader - The New Survivor

Plot: While stuck in the apocalypse, Y/N manages to find another group of survivors, prompting them to join them in their shelter. Despite having the other's trust, one of the members seems to be harder to get, not trusting them after having been betrayed before.

Reader Pronouns: She/They

~

"Alright, and here's where we keep our food. Though, our only rules here are that we can't take much, and we have to tell everyone us what we take and when we do." Ted explained with a small smile, turning and glancing at Y/N, who nodded along in agreement. "Seem simple enough?"

Y/N gave a small smile and nodded once again, gripping onto her backpack that sat loosely on her shoulder. "Yep! Thank you again for letting me stay, I promise to help out around here as much as I can." She began to ramble on.

The apocalypse definetly hadn't been easy for anyone- especially Y/N. Being low on supplies, they were nearly out and left for dead, just staying in an old, abandoned warehouse for shelter. If it wasn't for Ted coming out and exploring the place, they may have not even made it out alive. And now they were here- in an abandoned gas station, the aisles stocked with as many supplies as the group they were now staying with could find.

There were three boys in this gas station- Y/N had met them all, yet hadn't grown as close to the other two as she was with Ted. It made sense, considering he had saved her life, and had also traveled the distance back to the station with her.

One of the other boys, Charlie, seemed to enjoy her company. The whole atmosphere of three boys, living alone- adding a new addition definetly livened the place up a bit. As for the third boy, Schlatt, though- he didn't seem to happy.

When Y/N entered the gas station with Ted, Schlatt immediately grew defensive, saying they couldn't trust anymore people after their last encounter with a group of survivors. They were robbed and abandoned- and like Y/N they probably wouldn't have survived without finding the gas station they were now settled in.

And now here they were- Ted giving Y/N a tour of the place, all while the other two sat in the front, Charlie trying his best to calm Schlatt down. As Ted heard both of them argue, he just gave a small sigh, shaking his head. "Don't mind him too much, okay? He tends to get angry and say shit he doesn't really mean."

Nodding slowly, Y/N just gave a smile. "I'm sure it won't be that bad." They said softly, before perking up a bit. "Oh! I uh- I have a sleeping bag, should I set it up somewhere..?"

"Oh, yeah! Charlie and I sleep out here, but Schlatt takes one of the rooms in the back. You can just head back there and set up your things next to his, he'll be a bit pissed but he can get over it." Ted smiled softly. "Now, if you need me, I'll be up front, alright?"

They were a bit nervous at the idea of having to share a room with Schlatt- the one person who didn't want you there. Hopefully it would all just blow over, though, and he would eventually grow used to them. But for now, all they could do was settle in, hoping things would go well.

Walking into the backroom, Y/N carefully sat her bag down, before taking out her sleeping bag and rolling it out onto the floor. She hummed softly as she organized her things into her own little corner, keeping her things away from Schlatt's, so they wouldn't get mixed or confused for one another.

All whined organizing, though, the door soon swung open, only for Schlatt to enter the room. He froze for a moment seeing Y/N sitting there, his brows furrowing slightly as he let out a small huff. "What the hell are you doing back here?" He muttered roughly, practically staring daggers at poor Y/N.

She felt her body tensed for a moment as she stared at the tall man in front of her, swallowing a lump in her throat as she realized she was hesitating. ".. Ted told me there was room back here, so I figured I'd just bring my stuff back here, and..."