CC!Schlatt x Reader - Surprise Party

Plot: Schlatt isn't really a man of planning surprises or events, but when it comes to his partners birthday, he decides to give it a try for them.

Reader Pronouns: She/They

~

"Hey, Schlatt? I'm heading out for a few hours." Y/N hummed as she placed her jacket on. "Promise me you won't destroy the house while I'm gone?"

Schlatt was sitting on the couch in the living room, scrolling through his phone. Letting out a scoff, he looked over at his partner and chuckled. "Trust me, babe. I promise I won't destroy anything." He chuckled. "Besides! Last time it wasn't even my fault. Jambo was just looking for one of his toys. I don't even know how the fuckin' thing managed to flip the couch over.."

Rolling their eyes, Y/N couldn't help but giggled. "Hmm, sure, sure." They grabbed their keys. "I'll he home in 4 to 5 hours, alright? Just make sure 'Jambo' doesn't flip the couch anymore." She smiled and opening the door, stepping outside. "Love you!" They smiled, before closing the door.

As soon as he heard Y/N's car pull out of the driveway, Schlatt quickly got up off of the couch and rushed over, locking the door. He turned around and leaned against in, letting out a sigh. "4 to 5 hours.. I can make this work."

This was an extremely rare occasion. Schlatt wasn't a man of planning surprises, and wasn't the best event planner, either. Usually when Y/N's birthday came up, he just took her out to eat and took her shopping, buying her whatever caught her eye.

But this time, things were going to be different. He figured that they would get bored of doing the same thing every year, and feared that was the reason they decided to spend most of their birthday away from him.

Pulling his phone back out he opened his notes app, looking through the small list he had made. "Right.. make a banner, bake a cake, wrap the gifts.." He sighed. "Blow up some balloons.. Jeez, did a four year old write this list?"

He left that question unanswered for now, knowing damn well he was the one who made the list.

First off, he rushed to his room and grabbed all the supplies he had bought previously. A large, long paper he could make the banner with, some paint as well as a few different types of brushes, cake mix, pre-made frosting, and some tape and wrapping paper for the gift.

Big Guy here wanted to make sure everything was perfect. He made sure to grab her favorite cake and frosting flavors, getting her favorite colors as the paint colors for the banner, even going so far as to by the same wrapping paper she thought was cool when they were at the store together the other day.

In all honesty, Schlatt was no where near a perfectionist. Usually whenever he did something and gave a half-assed attempt, he would be pretty fine with whatever the result was. But in the case, everything needed to be perfect. This was Y/N, the person he loved. He wanted to at least make their special day feel special.

"Alright, this shouldn't be too hard.." He muttered, laying the sheet of paper out on the ground, before setting all of the paints out.

Now, Schlatt knew he hadn't used any sort of paint since high school art class. But damnit, he was gonna do his best to make sure that this would be a work of art.

Grabbing a paper plate, he poured a bit of each color onto it, before grabbing a brush and getting to work. He wanted to keep it simple, while also wanting to make her happy whenever she saw the banner. He planned on painting the words, 'Happy Birthday Y/N', each letter being one of her favorite colors.

Dipping the brush in the paint he did his best to paint each letter as precisely as he could, though his hands shook a bit here and there which caused some letters to turn out slightly crooked. When he finished all the letters, though, he went back through and did his best to even them out.