Chapter 6

Bukas na ang pinaka-abang abang na birthday banquet ni Prince Gabriel. Dumating na rin yung mga inorder naming mga damit sa Elan Vital Salon.

"Violet, have you decided who you'll be bringing with you tomorrow?", tanong ni mama. Napakamot nalang ako ng ulo.

"That's something I hadn't thought about", I was planning on going solo. "Is it obligatory to come with a partner, mother?"

"Not really, but... you haven't shown any signs of being interested in anyone. I haven't seen you dance on the dancefloor", oh no! Here we go again. "Violet, you are already 18 and have had your coming of age, aren't you interested in seeing someone?"

"Uuhh.."

"Pfftt.. ahahaha", sinamaan ko nga ng tingin si Cyan na nagpipigil ng tawa. Akala mo naman hindi ka madadamay, hintay-hintay ka lang diyan.

"Tell me if someone catches your eyes, Violet, or else I will make you attend a lot of blind dates and marriage interviews", dagdag pa ni mama.

"Hahahaha...", Cyan.

"This also applies to you, Cyan", tumigil naman sa pagtawa sa Cyan. Akala mo ha. "You've already had your coming of age two years ago, and up until now, there's been no sign of being enamored with the opposite sex. Are you possibly gay, my son?"

"Hahahaha", and now it's my turn to laugh. "Gay ang pucha... hahahaha", sinamaan ako ng tingin ni Cyan.

"Certainly not, mother. I'm still too young to consider starting a family", Cyan.

"Yeah, coz 23 is still young", I said sarcastically.

"What do you mean, young? We already had you when your father and I were your age", bwelta naman ni mama. "Listen, you two, if you don't stop your childish charades....", nakatingin lang ako sa mukha ni mama. She looks scary. ".... prepare yourselves with a whole year of dating", pagbabanta ni mama tsaka siya nag-walkout. Napalunok nalang kami.

"Brother, is mother serious?"

"Yes, I believe so. That's the first time I've seen those menacing eyes. Even more terrifying than the monsters I'd fought before", Cyan.

"Well, the pressure is on you. You're the firstborn child. Obviously, you must first get married", sabi ko sabay subo ng cookie. 

=======================

Mamaya na yung banquet. I can now see everything inside the novel with my own eyes. Honestly, I have mixed emotions about it. Ecstatic, excited, nervous? Basta feeling ko gusto ko sumigaw mamaya.

Now, I have hours to prepare myself for the banquet. Hindi ko naman kailangan magpaganda ng todo since I won't be star of the night. Sa gilid-gilid lang ako niyan but Georgina, my personal maid insisted on making me more beautiful tonight.