Chapter 16

My original name is Edgar, a 20-year-old college student. I was on my way home riding a bus when we're caught in a traffic accident.

That was the last memory I remembered from my previous life before waking up as Daniel Ashter Voclain, a 10-year-old boy. In my previous life, I was always alone. I'm an introvert who dislikes mingling and conversing with people. I used to have a social anxiety disorder, but it was treated to some extent when I reverted to being a 10-year-old boy.

My life isn't really interesting. Since high school, I've been living alone. My parents died in an airplane crash, and I am the only child in my family. None of our relatives is opposed to taking me in. I'd rather live alone since we're not close and I don't like them.

I am able to sustain my needs from the savings that my parents left. Noong nag-college na ako, pinagsabay ko ang pag-aaral at pagpa-part time job sa isang convenience store. Actually, yung araw ng traffic accident ay katatapos lang ng trabaho ko. Hindi ko naman inaasahan na doon na pala matatapos ang buhay ko.

Although at that time, I thought that it was better to die than continue living a meaningless life. The traffic accident did do me a favor. I can finally rest now that I've died...

... is what I thought.

Instead of going to heaven, I'm in a cramped darkroom. I can feel my stomach growling, my whole body is in pain, and most of all, I shrank into a little boy.

I looked for a mirror in this dimly lit room. I was able to find one, and as expected, I turned into a kid. I can hardly see my face, but I can know it's not the same as it appears to be. This is a different person with a different face and body.

Without any idea of what was happening, I tried to be as calm as possible. However, memories started flashing. This child is an illegitimate child. Due to that, he is constantly being abused by the Duchess and his siblings. As an unwanted child of the Voclain, he was confined to a storage room and was treated like a slave.

They considered him a disgrace to the family. "What a fuck up family"... these memories left a pang on my chest. "If you truly hated this boy, you should've just killed him. Why prolong the agony?", this boy is too pitiful. Even the Duke, his father, even hated him.

I can't fathom the pain and struggles he'd gone through. He's just a kid.

Pinunasan ko yung mga luha ko, hindi ko namalayan na umiiyak na pala ako. I gathered my thoughts and began to assess my circumstances. I gave myself a pity smile as I glanced at myself in the mirror.

"I wished to die because I wanted this feeling of emptiness and loneliness to end. I wanted to end it all...", whoever is responsible for this, I don't know what's your purpose but f*ck you.

Is this a second chance in life? If so, then I have had such a stroke of bad luck in life. Sending me to this crap like family is not even funny." To the owner of this body, I mean to the original Daniel Ashter Voclain... trust this brother, they will pay for it... big time".

I'll make it more enjoyable since I already know what the future holds for you. Rewarding? Let's just sleep for the night, shall we? Those jerks will undoubtedly wreak havoc again tomorrow.