Chapter 18

During the salon, nothing significant happened. Lady Hazel Nott did try to smear Lily with the rumours, but Iris surprised me by defending her. I didn't do anything because Iris was so determined to Lily's defence. I don't want to stop her because it's so entertaining to watch.

The rumours will become more vicious following the salon, according to the original story, as Iris enters the scene. It's as though she's putting more wood on the fire. Iris was just on the watch; her deeds are carried out by her minions. I used to be one of those psychos.

However, the plot has shifted. I wouldn't do that since being a mindless extra villainess isn't on my résumé. I'm a fan of Lily, and those minions will soon be targeting me as well, simply because we're friends.

Lily and I are currently at Count Monde's house. The only daughter of the count, Ali Monde, invited us to her party.

Ali Monde is a talented pianist. I've heard her perform before, and she's a natural at it. She may be gifted, but she is also arrogant. Lady Monde sought to humiliate Lily by challenging her to play the piano, according to this scene from the novel. But, since we're talking about the heroine here, rather of being humiliated, she was recognized for her skill as a pianist.

"Thank you for the invitation, Lady Ali Monde...", bati ko. Pagtingin ko sa paligid, nandoon na yung piano. Pati yung ibang mga kababaihan na nagtitipon na. Napansin ko rin na hindi invited si Iris. So walang shield ngayon si Lily.

"I am delighted to be able to hear you play, Lady Ali Monde", ani naman ni Lily. "Thank you for inviting me and it's nice to meet you".

"I'm not really happy to meet you", Lady Ali Monde.

Harap-harapan talaga. Sa loob-loob ko, napapa-roll eyes nalang ako. She really is arrogant. Sa lahat ng mga chismiss, ito talaga yung totoo.

"I look forward to humiliate you. Hohoho...", tatawa-tawang umalis si Lady Ali Monde at iniwan kami ni Lily. Mukha naman naguluhan si Lily sa sinabi nung bruha. "Why would Lady Monde want to humiliate me?"

"It's because she's crazy", at mukhang mas naguluhan pa si Lily sa sagot ko. I just wondered, does Lily understand her situation now? Is she even aware of the rumors about her? I want to ask her but, never mind.

"Thank you to everyone who accepted my invitation. Before we start the party, I would like to ask...", I have a rough idea of what you are planning lady almond but.."does everyone love my piano performances?"

Hmm? Marami naman ang nagsi-yes. Bigla naman tumingin sa kinatatayuan namin yung almond. "I just so happened to buy a new piano", tsaka niya itinuro yung pianong nasa tabi niya. Ngumiti siya na para namang siya yung main vaillainess at tumingin kay Lily. "May I ask you, Lady Sartre, to play for the ladies here?" Nagsitinginan naman sa may gawi namin yung iba. Sabi na nga eh.

"Of course, I'd be delighted to", lumakad na si Lily kung nasaan yung piano.

The almond's plan was far too simple. Allow Lily to play the piano first, and then the almond will perform the same tune with her greater abilities. Lady Ali Monde is certainly talented, so she'll be able to perform the song even better.