Chapter 24

I removed the wig that I'm wearing and tossed it to the nearest garbage can I found. Why did I even bother wearing a wig if you are going to recognize me easily?

"It really is you, Violet. Why are you dressed like that and who are you with--", hinila naman ako agad ni Iris medyo malayo sa iba. "I thought you and the Duke Voclain are only friends? Why are you on a date with him?"

"Did the smoke go straight to your head? We're not dating, we just bumped to each other when I went to see you perform which by the way, was one of a hell talents you have there"

"Heh, thank you... actually, I hired a circus performer to teach--no, no that's not the issue here. Were you trying to change the subject?"

"Of course not", akala ko makakalusot na ako eh. Inilugay ko ang buhok tutal wala naman kwenta yung wig kanina. Bumalik na kami doon sa dati namin pwesto kanina. Pati si Duke Daniel ay nagtanggal na rin ng wig. The disguises were pointless. 

"Congratulations Lily, you are this year's Goddess of the Night. Your performance was absolutely spectacular".

"Thank you, Violet. You praise me too much", ani ni Lily na parang nahihiya. Napatingin ako sa main characters ng The Beauty Within.

They are all together. I feel like I'm about to cry. Even though Duke Daniel ignores his roles in this novel, yet he still ends up with the other main characters.

I looked at Duke Daniel and smirked at him. "Gentlemen, it seems like you are going to talk about something, Iris and I will be leaving now and go crazy out there... Toodles", ani ko sakanila. Mukhang aangal pa si Duke Daniel ng bigla kong hilain si Iris papaalis.

Mukhang ayaw niya rin naman na kasama sila eh. 

"Violet, what's toodles?", huminto na muna kami sa pagtakbo.

"Oh? That's just another word of saying goodbye".

And by that, we started running amok in the festival. Charot lang. Hindi kami nanggulo noh, we just played a bunch of games at the festival. Dito kami nagkakasundo ni Iris eh. Hindi mo aakalain na mga noble ladies kami. Merriole Kingdom is very strict when it comes to lady's decorum pero mukhang ibinasura na namin yun. 

Akala ko magmumokmok si Iris dahil sa natalo siya, tulad ng nangyare doon sa novel. But instead, she's here with me going wild. Ramdam ko yung mga tagaktak ng pawis ko. 

Hanggang sa nagpasya na kaming umuwi dahil sa halos nakuha na namin lahat ng prizes at gusto na kami paalisin nung mga nagbabantay sa mga game booth. Lugi na daw sila. 

The Night of Itheia ended just like that.

In the original novel, Lily's performance was the climax of the Night of the Itheia. After winning the Goddess of Selection, she will be on a date with those three eggheads. 

Bakit parang pagod na pagod ako? Was it because I encountered all the main characters? I drained too much energy and went wild at the game booths? Pagkatapos akong tulungan magbihis ni Georgina ay agad-agad akong nakatulog. I had a really long day... or night...