Withdraw

Jimin POV
We reached the police station and saw our lawyers working.
Taehyung was looking down and you could tell he was angry.
For a second he looked up and we made eye contact.
He looked away immediately.
It took us a little time, but we sorted the process somehow.
Taehyung's Dad was thanking us and furiously bowing. He kept swearing his loyalty to us, while Taehyung was standing besides looking around.
'Thank you for everything today. We know you're busy and we can't waste your time, but you still took the efforts to come here and sort this out. We'll work hard for you. Right Taehyung-ah?' His dad said while nudging him.
He just looked at his dad with an annoying expression and ignored him.
'Please don't bother about him...he doesn't understand everything yet.'
His dad said sounding a little pissed about his attitude.
'Please don't thank us. It's our job to secure our partners. Just take care things like this don't happen again. We have to be extremely careful now.'
Suddenly we heard Taehyung scoff.
I looked at him with a questioning look.
He smirked at me and said,
'YOU need to be careful.'
'Huh? Taehyung is this the way greet people after they help you?'
I asked.
'Help us? The only people you're helping is yourselves. If we get caught, won't you be in trouble as well?'
'Kim Taehyung shut up...' his dad yelled.
'Why should I? And why are you acting like you don't know who's causing all of this?'
'I told you to shut up!' His dad screamed again.
His dad was about to drag him out but I held him.
'Awwwww the new heir is so clueless. If we go down, it wouldn't take your organisation seconds to crumble.'
'No! That won't happen!'
'If you have guts, withdraw from KTH.....then you'll see.'
He smirked again.
'Are you crazy? You're willing to shut down your own company?'
His dad hit him.
'Shut up. No sir please no. We've worked very hard to get here. You know it. He may not understand things now, but he will. Please don't withdraw.'
'I'm telling you do it!' He laughed and said.
His dad kept hitting him and dragging him.
He jerked his dad's hand off and walked away.
'Tae...' before his dad could go after him, I stopped him.
'Please let me...' I told him and turned to Joong ki hyung.
'Please take care of my meetings for sometime'
'It's not safe to go alone..' he pointed out.
'You know I can take care of myself.' After all I was a bodyguard myself.
He nodded and I ran after Taehyung.
He went to a nearby park and I followed him. He had a beer can in his hand. God knows where he got it from. As I approached him he looked at me with an annoyed expression.
'Looks like someone has time today. Go away before I do and say shit you don't wanna hear.'
'Why do you want your firm to shut down?'
'Why do you care?'
'Taehyung for once stop behaving like this. Answer me.'
'Why would I want this shit to not close down? What has this firm ever given me?'
'It's given you money and power. You're not weak. Isn't that enough?'
I asked even though I know...
Those aren't the things that'll make you happy. But he seemed like the person who did.
He laughed.
I was a little taken back but still looked at him with questioning eyes.
'Money? Power? Do you really believe in them? Do you not see what's been taken away from us? I don't like guns! But it's something I have to deal with my entire life!
The poor and the weak? People who don't have money aren't poor, people who can't fight back aren't weak. Isn't it us? We're poor and sick in here...', he said pointing to his head.
'We're weak, cause we can't even go against our fate. Aren't you tired little heir? Watching everything slip out of your hands slowly while you're sitting on your throne? I can't deal with this shit anymore. I don't want this! I don't want money and power at the cost of happiness. And I'm definitely not you who'd let go of the girl he loves just for revenge.' Saying that he walked away.
I was speechless. The last line hit me harder than it was supposed to.
I stood there for a few minutes trying to process what he said.
He's so right. Who would want this. It's like our life is a movie and we're just doing what the script says. But it hurts when you don't want the story to end that way.

I heard my phone ring and looked down.
It was Joong ki hyung.
'Hyung?'
'Get back to the firm right now.'
I ran and got into the car which he had sent for me. His voice didn't sound right.
What now?

What do you think happened people?
It hurts to see Tae-Tae sad doesn't it?