Substitute

Y/N POV
I came back home.
As soon as I opened the door, I saw a fuming Yoongi staring at me.
'Yah! Min Yoona! Are you going to be like this? What is wrong with you? Do you know what could've happened today?'
He came towards me and held my shoulders tightly.
'You're such an idiot! And I'm an idiot who's trying to protect you! What if they decided to kill you today? You were literally in their territory! Is this why I'm working...'
Before he could continue, I shoved his hands of me and said,
'It would've only been fair right? For Jimin to hurt me the way I hurt him....he should've shot me.....like I shot.....him...'
The last words almost came as a whisper. It was barely heard, but Yoongi eyes widened.
I pushed him and ran into my room.
The second I hugged him....that's when I started remembering what I did to him.
Of course he can't die in an accident.... It was me....
It was me who hurt him.
How could I do this to him?
Even in my darkest nightmares I would never hurt him....
But how do nightmares matter.....when your life is a scarier than that itself.

Jimin POV
I woke up in my room the next day.
I rubbed my head, and saw lime water besides my desk.
I must've been really drunk for my head to hurt this much.
I don't even remember getting home...
The door opened, and Joong ki hyung walked in.
'Before you ask, Taehyung brought you back...'
'Hyung I....'
'Get ready.....we're merging the companies today....'
I got up and rushed.
Today we're going to be on rank 1.....

Yoongi POV
I was looking at y/n's door. She hasn't come out yet. I couldn't face her. I didn't want to. She was taking the blame for something I'm equally responsible for. I've been running away from the truth for too long. I hurt him.....just as much as she did. I took a deep breath, walked to her door and knocked slightly.
'Y/N-ah.....'
There was no response.
But there was a slight sound. As if she dropped something.
'I know you're hurting.....cause you've hurt him. But remember.....I was the one who arranged everything....I may not have pulled the trigger....but I killed him.....not you....'
Saying that I left for the company. It broke me to confess.
But I can't let her bear the burden of my sins anymore.

Ji hye POV
I washed up and left for the firm.
Today was the day we were supposed to sign and merge our companies.
As I reached, I saw Jimin and Joong ki oppa waiting.
Jungkook, Bo-gum, So hyun, Taehyung and Jennie....everyone was there.
I walked through them, forcing myself not to make eye contact with Jungkook.
I went and sat inside the cabin, and all of them followed me in.
'Ji hye-ah....', Jimin oppa called out to me.
'Give me the papers, I'll sign....'
I said not looking at him.
I wasn't angry anymore. I was just tired.
I was just tired of everything that had happened.
So much drama, so many tears.
I just wanted to take a deep breath....
That's all....

(A/N: I swear all of us have that moment....and it's really heartbreaking, isn't it?)

'Wait....', I heard Joong ki hyung's voice.
'Ji hye-ah.....do you want this to happen?' I heard Jimin ask.
'What?'
'This merging..'
'Why are you asking me that? Isn't this what you worked for? You have decided right?' I asked. I was confused as to why he was asking me this.
'Yeah....but this isn't what you worked for.....you worked for The Ghost....you maintained this company....it's yours now. If you don't want do this, it's in your hands.'
'Listen....let's just get over with this okay? I'm so sorry....this isn't how I should talk to you.....I'm just a little tired.....we'll do this deal, and then you can manage the company okay?'
I extended my hand for him to give me the documents, but he looked at Joong ki Oppa instead.
'Give it...', I said.
He took a file from Joong ki Oppa and handed it to me.
I was about to sign it, but he stopped me.
'Read it....first...'
'If you've read it, then it's okay...'
I said.
He didn't let go of my hand. Instead he told me to read it again.
I sighed and started reading.
Wait.....this....
'But...'
'This company is yours. The day I was declared dead, the entire company has passed down to you. You get to decide Ji hye. I can do nothing about it. If you decide to merge with us, it would literally be your decision only. Ji hye my little sister. I'm so sorry.....you've had to go through so much of shit. And I'm guilty, for most of that shit being dumped on you because of me. But right now.....this entire firm is yours. I signed those papers and transferred all my shares to you. Thank you for working so hard. You deserve this and no one can take it from you. We're not going to merge if you want to keep it...' he said and caressed my face gently.
My eyes filled with tears again.
I'm tired of crying, but these were the happy ones.
They know I've worked so hard. For so long.
They actually care whether I want the companies to merge or not.
It felt crazy.
In his absence, they told me to be mature. They told me to get a grip and work. But now that Oppa returned, they would let him run the company and I wouldn't be needed again. I didn't mean to think that....it's how I came to feel. Not because I'm angry or jealous.....it's just that....nobody likes to be treated as a substitute right?
I smiled at him and hugged him.
He cares about me.
We parted, and he said,
'The companies won't merge.....we'll continue as individual firms...'
Before he could say anything further, I interrupted him.
'No....I'm okay with them merging....'
'Ji hye....no...it's...'
'No....really....you will give me a job though....won't you?' I asked playfully.
'No....I won't....'
I got confused and looked at him.
He won't?
'How can I give the owner a job?' He asked and laughed.
He handed me the documents and I went through them.
'Wait.....I'm going to be the majority share holder? That's not possible....no.. you should do it...'
'Ji hye....The Ghost is on rank 2, while Park enterprises is on rank 3. If we merge, you'll naturally become the major share holder cause you're practically buying this firm. You're giving us jobs.' He said and started laughing.
I looked at him and turned to Joong ki Oppa.
'What nonsense? And you're fine with this?' I asked him clearly confused.
'More than fine. I trust your judgment Ji hye-ah.....we wouldn't even be here if you didn't work that hard. It's your right.'
He said and patted me.
'Honestly, if it wasn't for Ji hye, I don't think The Ghost would've been able to bag so many deals.' Bo gum said and everyone started laughing.
'Ya'll are crazy!' I said.
'I know....but sign that first.....we need jobs ma'am....', Jimin Oppa said and started laughing.
'Are ya'll serious though?' I asked.
Every single person in the room screamed.
'YES!' I flinched and signed the papers.
They were still laughing, but instead of stopping them, I started laughing as well.
Jimin Oppa side hugged me and I hugged him back.
He held his ears as if to ask me whether I would forgive him, and I nodded.
Right.....this is how we're supposed to be....happy....