17 Oblivion

Sometimes love can be the only thing keeping someone alive. The only thing keeping them going. That's a lot of hope to place in one thing. Love can be unpredictable and complicated. But it can also be beautiful and magical. I have to say I have so much of it and so much to give away I can't ever be bitter or resentful. Sasha doesn't have that. And for that I feel sorry for her but she made a choice.

Coming here could have only ended two ways for her. Failed vengeance or Marcel. The latter isn't happening so she'll have to settle for the first. I only hope he makes it quick and painless for her. No need to drag it out. From what I know of her lonely life of searching for someone hadn't been easy and to be rejected by your maker has to be ten times as worse when you where made for the purpose to be his. Now that he has me, found me I'm not letting go.

Since the last week has been so stressful Cam and Paul have decided to make it up to me. I'm sure I have no say in the matter if I want to opt out of it. It's supposedly for my well being. A few days away from the pack and everything else. Stark, Bass, Nate and Collins will run the pack in our absence. Cam and Paul have already set things up. All that is left to do is pack some things for a few days.

Of course the triplets are coming along. So I'm packing their things first. Three baby bags and my own bag to pack.

I feel light. Not in weight but in problems. I know with the new council and new leaders there will be few that will rebel against this new direction I see supernaturals going in. A peaceful future for all is what I want but to get to that there will be obstacles. Nothing that we can't prepare for. But that is a different story all together.

Now is the time to relax. Spend as much time as a family and as a pack. Even I'm not sure what's to come. The prophecy isn't a manual.

"Almost ready?" He questions.

"You can take these three bags to the car." I hold up the bags for Paul to take. "I'm not done with my things yet." I confess.

"I have more patience than Cam but you should hurry." Paul takes the bags away leaving me with a simple kiss on my forehead.

"Trying to get me all alone, huh?" I tease.

"I think that's more of Cam's agenda. He's already in the car." He laughs.

Paul and I go our separate ways. Him to the car and I to my room. I rush to pack the necessities, shorts, and shirts. I don't think we will be there more than three days. If more we can always get more clothes or send for someone to bring them.

I run down the stairs with my travel bag under my arm. Marcel stops me before I reach the door. No sign of his made. No sign of anyone really. I guess they went down to the cabins for the day.

"Like I promised." He whispers before kissing my lips.

When I open my eyes he's gone. I knew he would be I felt the wind brush past me before I opened my eyes.

I toss my bag in the back of the car. I check to see if Cam properly strapped the little ones in. Once I'm done I hop on my bike. Cam shouts for me to take it slow and wear my helmet. Take it slow no, wear my helmet of course.

I take it slow down the driveway but once I reach the end of it I check for traffic before speeding off. At this speed I'll reach the beach house in fifth teen minutes. It'll take Cam maybe twenty, twenty five if he's being extra careful because of the babies.

I miss riding. Being some what care free. Being this free seems like a world away. Even before having mates I was under watch. My house wasn't a sanctuary for me after my mother had died. I wanted out so bad. But that was before. Now I'm stronger than any one werewolf or vampire. I can protect myself.