13 Old And New

With all the blood one would think Rosalind was dead- well officially dead. I can't believe how he is still standing with everything Cam is doing to him. With each bite, claw and attack Rosalind is fighting back. I think it's only making Cam furious.

No one is trying to stop the fight. Not even the blonde who arrived with Rosalind. Strange. When I step forward to make an attempt to tame Cam's wolf Chase, Marcel pulls me back. I plea with both Paul and Marcel to do something.

The only way for Paul to make any progress with Chase he would have to let Logan take over. I don't think I won't two possessive wolves in the same room right now. Especially not with the way Rosalind is acting towards me.

"Do you think you can bring him to the surface without shifting?" I ask.

It's better than having Logan in wolf form.

"I can." Paul I assures me.

Sometimes I wonder if I were a male wolf would I be as bad as Cam and Paul. I remember stories about my great grandpa Joe. He was wild, careless and cocky. But who could blame him? He wanted freedom in a time where he couldn't be. To top it off add Alpha wolf to the mix of things; I'm surprised he survived it and still had a pack by the end of it.

His strong Alpha blood ran through his veins, then his son's followed by my father and now me. I have to keep this pack together and safe. Right now things are not safe with Chase trying to kill Rosalind.

As a black eyed Paul walks over to Chase I hold my breath. Paul having his wolf in control while still in his human form is nerve racking. When ever Logan and Chase are at the surface they both can be very stubborn. This can go either way. Chase can take it as Paul trying to challenge him.

I can tell Paul and Chase are having a mental conversation because Chase has halted attacking Rosalind. That's one step in the right direction. Now all I want is Chase to shift back and let Cam have control. Marcel has me halfway behind him but he's not facing Chase.

Chase backs away from Rosalind and advances toward Paul. I finally take a breath and hold the new amount of air.

Paul only takes one step back. I'm sure Logan doesn't like having to show some sign of submission but to get Chase to calm down he's doing it.

I didn't notice before but the twins have a set of clothes for Cam. Also Oliver and Constantine are watching the blonde woman. Do they know her? Do I know her? I can't remember with all my travel and connections if I know her.

My focus is bought back to Chase's tan fur as I watch him jog out of the room to the back. Thank you Paul. The twins follow behind him and I thank them on their way.

Now for Rosalind. He has this stupid smirk on his face that I want to smack off. That asshole. Why is he causing trouble? Better question, why is he here?

I move from behind Marcel who follows closely behind which I'm not used to but I guess it's because of Rosalind.

"What the fuck Rosalind?!" I scream at him but he still smirks. "You can't do that. You can't disrespect my mate, none of them or you have to leave. Once Cam calms down you're going to apologize."

"You're right love. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." He reaches to touch me but Marcel pulls me back a little. His possessive side is really showing tonight.

With that accent I'm not sure if he's being genuine. I narrow my eyes at him and ask if he needs anything. He doesn't look too bad but his shirt is completely ruined and he has blood everywhere.

I have Nate take Rosalind to the office while Collins finds him some clothes and a bag of blood.

We all wait in the office for Cam to come in. By all I mean myself, Paul, Marcel, the twins, Nate, Collins, Rosalind, Oliver, Constantine, and the silent blonde who I haven't spoke to.

Cam walks in smelling of soap. He must have showered to cool himself down. We wait in silence as he comes closer to me. Cam gives me a kiss on my forehead. I give Rosalind a knowing look when Cam's eyes turn dark blue.

"Alpha Cam I sincerely apologize for my actions. I hope we can move pass this for Aspen."

Cam nods at Rosalind not trusting his words I'm sure.

"Now, why are you here?" I ask bluntly.

He chuckles before saying, "for a spot in this new council and I wanted to see my only living relative."

I wouldn't say we are relatives we just have the same blood running in our veins because we share the same maker, Victor.

I roll my eyes at him. "How did you find out about that?" I ask ignoring his last comment.

"I have my ways love." He smiles again. "I'm sure you're the leader of this council, are you not?"

"Yeah I am but there's no seat for a hybrid leader. So you'll just have to wait."

"Not a problem. I have all the time in the world." He says smoothing his red hair back winking at me.

It doesn't go unnoticed by my mates so I change the subject. "So who is she?"

"Oh that bird? I found her on your door step love. I don't know her." Rosalind confesses.

We all focus our attention to this stranger. I should have been more observant to her but I thought she was with Rosalind. This whole time she could be the enemy.

Paul beats me questioning her, "who are you?"

She clears her throat before speaking. She's actually very attractive. "I'm sorry for introducing myself before Alpha's. My name is Sadie." She bows her head when addressing us.

"And you're he because?" Cam adds impatiently.

"Well there is a certain pull here, Alpha. I only followed it. I hope I'm not intruding." Her politeness was winning me over. "I can leave if I am." Her voice is small and soft. I can't help but feel something.

Apart of me thinks about Jessica. How she came here because of the pull of power.

"You can stay." I quickly say without thinking about it.

The blonde rises her head and smiles at me. She seems really sweet and I'm usually good at reading people vampire or not.

Nate shows Sadie to a guest room while Collins does the same with Rosalind. With everything resolved for the night I'm ready for bed.

I tuck the little ones in again and kiss them good night before heading back to my room. Marcel is still following me around at this point and I let him.

I liked this side of him wanting to be around me at every turn. It's exciting and brings back that familiar burn for him. That incredible burn that I have to cool with extra blood bags.

"If you're going to stay the night I'm going to need you to keep your shirt on." I tease him.

"That tempting huh?" He smiles.

"Yes." I sigh.

I crawl into my bed and Marcel follows. He stays outside of the comforter while I welcome the warmth.

I turn on my side so I can see Marcel's beautiful brown eyes. "I'm really sorry about all the vampires. I know you don't like being around them."

"It's a little uncomfortable but I'm not going to leave because of them so you don't have to worry." He kisses my lips lightly. "Now sleep."

I nod and rest my hand on his clothed shirt. "Night." I say closing my eyes.

"Good night Aspen."