10 Magic

I lay waiting in my bed that I can't move from. Not my wishes. My over protective mates don't want me to leave my bed. They feel that I'm too sick to do anything but lie in bed all day. Marcel is on their side with this one. But I can't complain. I can't much of anything anyway.

A day as beautiful as today shouldn't be spent in the bed. There's a million things I rather be doing but only one matters. I need Bailey to come through with a spell.

What they don't know is, I'm past the faze of the pain I was feeling before. I can't feel anything and I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad one. Most likely bad but I hope things go back to normal soon.

I look over at Bailey who is working hard on finishing her new spell. It was Cam's idea for her to be in my room as she works. He thought it was better for her to see how close I was to dying to motivate her in moving faster. In reality he did it to scare her. He has Levi outside training with him.

I'm sure he isn't going easy on him. I hate that he's taking it out on them but there's not much I can do from my bed. But once I get out of this bed he will be getting a piece of my mind.

A single tear drops from Bailey's eye onto her spell book. "He's not going to hurt Levi. I promise." I tell her.

"It's not that," she wipes the next tear away before continuing. "well that's part of it. What if I fail? Then you die. That's what I'm worried about." She confesses.

I sit up, "if it doesn't work it won't be your fault."

Bailey sets her book down at her side. "But it would. In a way. I never created a spell this big before."

"If it helps, I believe in you a hundred percent." I give her a warm smile before laying back down.

She smiles back at me before returning to her book. I watch her write and erase in her book. She leaves and comes back with spices and other items and mixes them.

Whatever she tries doesn't seem to work. The smells itself are awful and I only hope I don't have to eat any of the items she mixed together.

Bailey moves onto liquids. Some clear as water and others as dark as blood. Fresh blood from an animal. Despite my thirst I wonder why she would need to use animal blood.

Why blood at all? Is that normal for a spell to reverse death?

Only life can reverse death.

"I have the words but you're not going to like the next part." Bailey's statement brings me back from my thoughts.

"What do you need?" I ask.

Bailey stands up with a new batch of the clear liquid. "First I'm going to need you to send for your mates."

Using what is left of my strength I mind link with them to cut the excessive training and come up stairs immediately. I can barely hear them enter the cabin or walk up the stairs. But my eyes can see them clearly when they walk into the room.

Paul enters first dressed in a plan shirt and with dark jeans. Marcel is wearing a white thermal with the sleeves pushed up and slacks. While Cam is shirtless with black jeans.

"Is everything alright?" Paul asks. He looks at me then Bailey.

I nod my head and wait for Bailey to explain to all of us what's going on.

Cam walks up to my bed and sit on the edge. "You called for?" Cam questions.

Bailey nor I answer.

"Well is there any progress?" Marcel pushes for an answer.

"Well, yes and no." She starts. "There's one last thing I need." Bailey finally tells us. By the way her hands are shaking I hope it's something we can get fast.