6 Desires*

Dedicated to Rayka30 for being amazing. 💚

Giving into my desires would be the easiest thing to do but I like things the hard way, no pun intended. I just think I can last a bit longer. I'm not completely comfortable with Marcel to take it there with him just yet. We are still getting to know each other.

He's harder than Cam was when it comes to opening up. Unlike Cam he doesn't stay around me much. He's never in the house for longer than he needs to. Only to talk with me and see how I'm doing but he doesn't stay too long. Never more than a few hours. I don't know why. I know he doesn't like to spend much time around his own kind and he's never been around werewolves for long but I'm his.

Maybe I'm not vampire enough for him. He probably doesn't like the house. Or it could be Cam and Paul. Whatever it is I'm going to find out after Luke and he's Betas leave today.

It's been nice having him around. Paul and Luke got to bond and even Cam. The triplets just love all the extra attention from their uncle. I'm sure Paul will be sad to see his little brother go so I made some cookies in hopes of getting Paul's mind off of it.

I carry the tray of warm chocolate chip cookies to the library with a glass of milk. When I open the large library doors I see Paul standing over the fireplace. It's not burning like it is usually. He doesn't turn around when I sit the tray down on the opposite side of his paperwork and a few books.

"Paul?" I call his name and turns around to face me. "Sit with me. I made cookies." I tell him.

His warm smile appears on his face and he sits next to me. "Thank you." He tells me as he tries one of my cookies.

While Paul eats I look over at the paperwork on the coffee table. It looks like research. I don't remember any of our meetings requiring any extra research so I'm not sure what the research is for or who it could be on.

"So how are things going with him?" Paul asks after a while.

I focus on him and not the pile of research on the coffee table. "Well." I answer.

"Just well?" He pulls me into his lap and waits for my response.

"He took me to a bar to help me control my blood cravings it actually worked so I guess things are going well but he's... a little reclusive." I tell him.

"Could it be the pack? He doesn't have to live in the pack house or near any pack members. There's a few cabins on the edge of the territory he can have one."

Paul is always the best with solving problems but I'm not sure if that's what Marcel would want. I don't want him that far from me.

"I'll talk to him about it." I force a smile.

I move to get up but Paul brings me back to his lap. He holds me close to his chest for a moment. I turn around and straddle his waist.

"What is it?" I ask as I hold his face in place.

I know I've been busy trying to get to know Marcel, spending time with our kids and pack duties so I think I know where this is going. I need to find a balance with them. All of them.

"I just miss our time together. I know you have to get to know Marcel and it's different then how it was with me and Cam. I'm not jealous or worried but my wolf has less patience than me."

"I know. I'm sorry Paul and Logan. I promise to spend more time with you both starting right now I'm all yours." I give my mate a kiss.

"So where do you want to start? You can read me a few passages from your fav-" I begin to say but Paul's warm lips shuts me up.