Party

*Californias POV*

I wake up in a hospital room... how did I get here? I look around, and see someone I didn't expect.

"Texas?" I said, my voice hoarse. He looks up from his phone and flashes a warm smile... and something about it made me panic. I've never seen such a genuine, comforting smile meant just for me...

"Cali! You're awake! How're ya feelin?" Texas asked. I rub my forehead and take a deep breath.

"I'm ok... what happened?" I ask.

"You left the meeting looking real sick, so I decided to check on ya. When I found you, you looked awful- not in a mean way, just a sick sorta awful- then you fainted... I decided to drive ya to the hospital and I felt bad just leavin ya here by yourself," Texas said.

"Oh... thanks I guess... sorry about that," I said.

"Nah, It's fine! You would've done the same," Texas exclaimed.... would I have? It's hard to say... I usually just panic when things go wrong... I can't bring myself to do much about it. "Well, I'm gonna leave and let you get some rest, I'll help pay for the hospital bill, I know how expensive it can get-,"

"Oh, you really don't have to-,"

"I want to, I've had to deal with some killer hospital bills before. Don't want you to have that issue," Texas said. I just stare at him. What the fuck is he trying to do? Is this some sort of prank?

"Thank you...," I say, still skeptical of his motive. He smiled and nodded, before walking towards the door.

"Take care, Cali," Texas said, before walking away. I just sit in my room, still processing what he just said... why the fuck is he being so nice? We barely know each other! I bet it's just another trick, there's no way he's actually going to help pay the hospital bill.

Later that day, I'm free to leave, and the doctor tells me to come back in a couple weeks to check up on my condition. I've known this for a while, but I just got the diagnosis of how fucked my body is. Basically, every time I experience extreme emotion (namely stress) my body burns up. Don't ask me how or why, the doctor barely explained. All I know is that emotions are painful as all hell.

Anyway, the next day New York invited me to a party Delaware is throwing at his house. I guess New York doesn't get that I'm not interested in him, but I need something to take my mind off life and there's gonna be alcohol at the party. So fuck it I guess, I'm going.

He picks me up, and we go to the party.

"Cali! What happened to you at the meeting?" Arizona exclaimed. I smile. I'm glad me and Ari are still friends even after the hookup. We were both drunk and stupid so we didn't hold it against each other.

"I just felt sick, I'm ok though," I say. I never really told anyone about my condition. It's just another weak spot.

Anyway, after a few drinks took the edge off I started dancing with New York. He's really... touchy...but it probably has to do with the alcohol. Still, I'm uncomfortable... I don't want him treating me like his boyfriend if I'm not interested in him. First of all, I'm not into breaking hearts, and second of all, he's just a friend. Does anyone like it when their friends grind on them? I don't know.

And suddenly, bad turned to worse.

I guess New Jersey and Rhode Island weren't invited, and it kinda caused a bit of a fight. People were yelling at each other, swearing, and pushing each other... with the music blaring and the smell of liquor and the stuffy air, I started getting stressed. Suddenly, New Jersey pushed Delaware, who ran into Rhode, who bumped into Alabama who fell onto me, knocking me too the ground and getting whiskey spilt all over me. I stood up, shaking, burning, crying... I had enough.

"What the fuck is wrong with you people?!" I screamed. Everyone turned and looked at me, and I very quickly regretted my decision.

"What do you want slut?"
"Oh, we're the crazy ones?"
"Who invited him?"
"Go home, bitch,"
"What's wrong with you?"

I was frozen... I couldn't stop the tears pouring from my eyes. I couldn't calm my shaking. I couldn't control my breathing...

But suddenly, someone helped me move. Someone took me in their arms and lead me away. Away from the noise. Away from the judging glares. Away from the stuffy house. away from the party.

Next thing I knew, I was sitting in a car, falling asleep, hearing a sweet southern accent lull me into security.

"It'll be ok Cal, they were just... upset. They didn't mean all that stuff, I promise. Everything will be ok," my savior spoke in a hushed tone. I just closed my eyes and listened.

"Thank you...," I said softly, and then, I fell asleep.