Clothes

*Texas's POV*

Ok... I got a sleeping guy in my car, and I can't take him home because I left his purse at Dela's house, and I can't leave him on his doorstep because who knows what could happen, but I can't take him to my house because what if he thinks I did something to him?? So.. I guess I'll have to wake him up. I pull into my driveway and gently shake Californias shoulder.

"Cali? Cali, wake up," I say. California slowly opens his eyes and glances at me.

"Texas... hi...," he said, adjusting to his surroundings.

"Hey... uh... I hope you don't mind spending the night at my house. I forgot your purse back at Dela's and I don't really know if you wanna go back there right now," I said. California nodded, rubbing his eyes.

"Huh... ok... do you have a guest bedroom?" He asked.

"I do, you can borrow some clothes if you'd like to change into something more comfortable," I said. California looked down at his sequined shirt, his corset, and his leather pants.

"Ok...," California said. We go into my house, and I give Cali some clothes to change into. I start making myself some dinner while he changes, making a little extra in case California was hungry.

California walked downstairs wearing the t-shirt and sweatpants I gave him... and... well... holy shit it's big on him. He wore the baggy t-shirt tucked into the sweatpants (which he had the strings around the waist tied as small as they could possibly be, leaving two long strings hanging down even though they were tied) and I kinda realized just how small his waist was... the shirt was sorta lopsided, one of his tan shoulders peeking out from the collar. I snap out of my trance, realizing I've been silently staring at him.

"Sorry, I think I spaced out for a second... I made us some dinner, if your hungry," I said, slightly embarrassed. California looked wistfully at the food, but seemingly forced himself to look away.

"I'm not hungry," he said.

"Not hungry? Well, can you at least eat something? All that alcohol will not sit well on an empty stomach," I said. California sighed, and reluctantly got some food... but when we started eating, he began chowing down like this is the first time he ate in months. He unknowingly gets seconds, and I let him. I've never seen someone that eager to eat.

"Thank you... that was really good...," California said.

"No problem, you go get some rest now ok?" I say. California nods, but I can see tears well up in his eyes. "Cali? Hey, what's wrong?" I ask. California takes a deep, shaky breath, and starts crying. Shit... is he ok?

"I-I'm sorry... I'm just tired," California said, trying to wipe away the tears, but more kept on pouring. I hug him close to my chest, and suddenly I hear loud sobs.

"Oh, Cali, it's ok, I promise! It'll be ok!" I exclaimed, running my hands through his hair. He just cries. I want to ask him what's wrong... but it's not like he can answer while he's crying his heart out. So, I wait patiently for him to calm down.

"What's wrong Cal?" I ask as softly as I can.

"I-I'm so tired...," California cried.

"Ok, let's get you to bed ok?" I say, leading him to the guest room. He lays down and hugs a pillow, sniffling. I feel bad leaving him, but I want to let him sleep in peace. I turn off the lights and close the door, before going to my room.

Poor guy... I wonder what's really bothering him...

Its the states... I know it is... why do they hate him?

Oh yeah... every state hates every state...

I think back to what was said at the party...

Ho, slut, bitch...

I can't say I haven't been through teasing myself... yahoo, Dixie, loudmouth....

Maybe I can be there for California, maybe that's all he needs...

After all, we're all American, aren't we?