Whiskey

*Californias POV*

Texas walks away, and me and Nevada wait for him and talk.

"Sooo, Texas huh?" Nevada said. I roll my eyes.

"He just wanted to hang out," I say.

"Is everything really bigger in Texas? If you know what I mean-,"

"Stop being weird! We're just friends," I exclaim. Nevada laughs.

"You were able to have a hookup with Texas? I thought he was too conservative for that-,"

"I DIDNT FUCK HIM!" I exclaim a little too loud. Nevada laughs because she knows she broke me. I walk away from her, frustrated. Texas joins me, and we walk to the theater and sit down in our assigned seats.

"Everything ok?" Texas whispered to me before the movie began. I took a deep breath.

"Yeah," I say. Soon, the movie begins... it's a thriller, something that I admittedly don't watch as often. I'm a little bit of a scardy cat... and this is a thriller about a murderer. There are some nasty graphic scenes... and I subconsciously grab onto Texas's arm. He simply holds my hand firmly.

"It's ok," Texas whispered. I smiled, and held onto Texas's arm for the rest of the movie. Afterwards, we hang out at my house.

"That was such an awful ending! Why'd the murderer get his way?!" I exclaim. Texas smiled and shrugged.

"Good can't always win can it?" Texas said.

"I wish it would," I say. We continue hanging out, and I take out a bottle of whiskey. We each have a few glasses, just talking... when I start to notice things. First off- how is Texas so fit? He must be one of those guys who never skips a workout. I'm a bit of the opposite kind of guy. Second off- there's just the smallest bit of stubble on Texas's face, how the hell does he pull it off so well? Third..... wait.... shit.... what are those crescent shaped scars on his wrists?

I grab his wrist, and study the scar. Texas sighs.

"Texas... what happened?" I ask. Texas pulls his arm away from me.

"It was a while ago now... I was in a bad place a while ago," Texas said.

"Oh... I-I... I'm so sorry...," I say. Texas sighs.

"It's not your fault, don't worry... I'm doin a lot better now," Texas said. I frown, and... I don't know if I'm willing to blame this on the alcohol.... I hug him, cuddling my face into his chest. He holds me close.... and shit... even though this was meant to comfort Texas I start to cry.

"I'm sorry Texas," I cry... I don't even know what I'm apologizing for!

"It's ok...," Texas said... shit, he's crying too?! We shouldn't have drank that whole bottle of whiskey... we sit down on the couch, still holding each other close, and I'm just trying to calm down. I don't know how this happened... we were having such a nice time but I had to point out his scar like an idiot!

"I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have said anything... and I feel like an idiot for crying because I'm not the one who got hurt...," I say. Texas gently wipes away my tears, and we gaze into each others eyes... his eyes sure are beautiful. One blue eye with a white, Star shaped pupil, and the other eye fading from red to white....

"It's ok Cali, and it's ok to cry too. I can tell you've been havin a rough week... let's stick together ok? We'll get through this together. I don't want you to feel like you're alone... I know how it feels to suffer alone, trust me... it'll be ok," Texas said softly, all the while running his fingers through my hair to sooth me. I take a deep breath and hug him close.

"Why... why are you so nice? What did I do to deserve this?" I ask softly. Texas was silent for a moment.

"I guess our worlds collided... And I'm glad they did... you're a good guy Cali, I don't care what the states say about you. And I know you'd do the same to help me if I was in need," Texas said. I just silently stay wrapped in his arms... and well... then I fell asleep....

I wake up the next day lying on top of Texas as if I was a blanket. We fell asleep on the couch together... this is strangely the first time I woke up with someone that I didn't have sex with... Heh... I am a slut aren't I...

"Mornin cal... what a night," Texas said. I get off him and let him get up.

"Yeah..... um...," I say cautiously.

"Yeah.... no harm to us 'sleeping together' right? It was on accident anyway...," Texas said.

"Yeah... we were just emotional," I say. Texas chuckles.

"Yeah.... well... I'll see ya later Cal. I gotta go," he says.

"Can we hang out again soon?" I ask. Texas smiled.

"Of course we can,"