00| P R O L O G U E

- A R S E N -

"It's not that serious." I rolled my eyes as I spoke nonchalantly.

"It's not that serio- Are you crazy!" Mother scolds me from the passenger seat as I slid down in the back seat.

"Arsen, if you keep up this behavior, you get more hours." Fathers firm words made me straighten up in my seat.

"Fine." I groaned as we arrived at the private school. I grumbled under my breath as we all got out of the car and towards the entrance of the school.

Mother and Father decided to move from Italy to California right after I finished 8th grade. They were enrolling me in a private school; LakeView High.

Today was registration for all students in Freshman Year. I had a scowl on my face as my parents walked behind me inside the building crawling with people.

We had to wait in a line to enroll and select the classes I would want to take. I didn't hide my bore as the line moved forward until we got to the table.

"Hello, what's the name?" The woman looked older than old. At least a smile on her face told me she was genuine.

"Arsen Santos." My mother replied in her warm tone. I leaned against the wall beside us as the woman typed on the computer.

"If Arsen would like to fill out the classes he would like to take, that would be fantastic! We need you, mom, to fill out the paper work and emergency card." I took the paper that was warm from the printer and grabbed a pen, scribbling the classes from the course catalog.

I put a bit of sincerity into my interest in classes. It was the least I could do. Get classes I would actually want to attend.

"Done" I slid the paper to mom and she dismissed me as she continued with the enrollment paperwork.

I looked around the area filled with chatting teens and walked off with my hands stuffed in my pockets and a bored look on my face.

Leaning against the back wall of the area, a group of 3 guys walked near me. My look of distaste didn't seem to scare them off.

"Newbie, welcome to hell. I'm Jake." He was a bit shorter than I. They all were. Brown hair and blue eyes.

"Arsen" I simply reply and they all nod with smirks of excitement.

"Xander" The blonde with brown eyes introduces himself. He seemed mellow and chill while Jake seemed like he could run miles.

"Lincoln" He seemed to not be talkative as he too leaned against the wall and observe the crowd. Another brown haired one with brown eyes.

"Where'd you move here from?" Jake questions me and I sighed as I relaxed my tense posture.

"Italy" He seemed intrigued before dismissing it.

"You know they have some of the best yogurt here," I glanced away from the rambling kid and my eyes caught the movement of a short person shoving their way through the taller people, "Cake batter, Mint Chip, Chocolate.." He continued listing flavors.

My eyes narrowed as the figure stopped. They turned and my entire being seemed to freeze in place. A feeling coursed through me as the literal angel got in line.

"Who is she?" I cut off Jake's tall about toppings. They all followed my line of sight which never wavered from the short beauty.

"You mean Snow?" A unique name that I wanted to say aloud but waited.

"Don't know her personally, but I've had classes with her since Kindergarten. Doesn't talk much and when she does, it's usually to tell you to piss off." Lincoln spoke as I watched her push her way through the large crowd.

I was almost in a trance watching her straightened hair sway with each of her movements. I couldn't quite see her eyes but her face was small and pale. Her body clad in baggy clothes and a small backpack hung around her shoulders.

The feeling of need coursed through me. It almost made me feel feral the longer I watched her. My fist and jaw clenching as people knocked  her over and she stumbled. The glare she sent there way was icy and it made my scowl simmer down and the smallest twitch of my lips up.

"Someone looks lovesick." I glared at Xander who smirked. My eyes somehow going back to her, to Snow.

"Arsen, time to go." My head snapped to my father who tucked his hands into his suit as he waited for me.

I gave the smallest wave to the 3 boys before doing a light jog to my parents. My mood lighter than it was when I got here.

"Make friends?" Mother questions as we make our way down the front steps.

"I guess." I shrug. They seemed cool and all.

"Who was that girl you were staring at?" I did a quick glance to my father who raised his eyebrow at me.

I knew exactly what he was implying. It's been drilled into my mind since I could talk. He saw the need of mine.

We slid into the car still not answering his question. I buckled in and ran a hand through my hair.

My eyes glanced up to the rear view mirror and my fathers and mothers eyes were already locked on me.

"Snow, the girl was Snow," Her name rolled off my tongue like honey. Like I conjured her, her small figure strolled the semi-empty lot. My eyes immediately on her.

My fathers lips tugged up on one side as did mine but on both sides. Mother watched her with amazement and excitement as she got into a car.

"She's my Queen."