04| S H O O K E T H

- S N O W -

For the second time today, I was taken completely off guard.

Arsen Santos talked. He opened his mouth and used his vocal cords. I didn't expect the thinly coated accented voice to resonate from his mouth.

"You talk?" I question stunned and a bit distraught. A quick glance around us, most students were gone from the hall and the remaining not paying us a glance.

"Yes Snow, I talk." He replied like he was talking to a toddler and all shocked thoughts went out the window as I realized just how arrogant he was.

"First off, don't talk to me like I'm a damn kid. Second of, fuck you because never had I heard you use your voice so sorry if it shocked me Arsen." I flipped him my special finger before side stepping him and walking away to music in the arts that I sadly have with them.

Mr. Berkley didn't even question me as I strolled casually into class and to the same seat as last time. I've learned that I don't get tardies nor detentions even if I'm late.

I was leaning my elbows on my knees as I once again stared at the computer screen. The small glance to the door as it opened. The idiots walked in and to the seats, again, 1 row behind me.

I rolled my eyes agitated and done with this project. Maybe I could get out of it if I asked? Ya know if the teacher stops to pay me a look.

I lowly groaned as I slouched in my seat and threw my legs up onto the seats and closed my eyes rubbing them with my thumb and forefinger.

"If anyone of you humans want to use instruments for some inspiration, feel free to young minds!" Mr. Berkley announces with a bow before helping a student in the front row.

With legs feeling like bags of cement, I stood from my seat and walking down the isle of chairs to the piano on the other side of the theater.

Only 2 other students were even in the 25 feet proximity of me so I had no problem playing with them pretty far from me.

I sat on the bench and let my fingertips touch the cool keys. My hands moved lightly on top feeling the crease of every key.

I was pretty bored and not really caring about the project. I didn't even have the slightest clue what I wanted to write about.

I pushed down middle c and let the cord ring out. My fingers move to play C chord and move on their own as I switch back and forth between D and C.

"Hmm... Mmm" I hum as I try to find some words to add as my fingers move on scales.

I dropped my hand down onto my thigh creating a small slapping noise as I didn't even know what I was doing.

Standing from the bench, I trudged all the way back to my seat, dragging my feet as I dropped into the seat.

"Gotten any ideas?" Third times the charm to shock me frozen as Mr. Berkley sits beside me with a smile.

"No" I reply still butthurt for his skipping over me yesterday. It was like I was practically invisible, what made him talk to me now?

"You have to have one thing in your life that is interesting." I gave him a pointed look knowing what he meant. Everyone knew of the claim, I got it, "How about family?" I tensed at his question.