16| D O M I N O E F F E C T

- S N O W -

Ever had that churning sensation in your tummy that makes you fidgety and want to bang your head vigorously against a door?

That is this new emotion due to my current position. A wet and naked me in the bathtub of Arsens guest room with the current conflict of not being able to pull myself up and out of it.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck...." I mutter in panic as I try and lift myself but my arms feel like noodles and I can't hold myself up.

I push my hair back as my wide eyes look around the bathroom for a savior. My knees were hugged up to my chest as the warm water began to change to a colder temperature.

My phone was gone, I don't know where it went. The towel was on the sink, across the room with my clothes on the floor in a small pile. I didn't have anything to help me in the slightest.

'Do I holler for him or not?' I argued in my head if I ask for Arsens help to get out of his gigantic and slippery bathtub.

"I got this..." I pep talk myself as I flip around in the water, i'm on my knees as I use my hands to push on the edge. I could feel the hot burn in my arms from the excess strength I was using.

I dropped back into the water with a splash and screwed my eyes shut, wincing at the noise knowing water spilled onto the floor.

Dread filled me as I heard footfalls distantly approaching me. I frantically looked around for something, but still, there was nothing.

"Snow?" A short knock echoed through the room
along with Arsens voice. My mouth opens in a silent scream before I exhaled and spoke.

"Yeah...?" I quietly respond, meekly and high pitched.

"Are you ok? I heard noises." I nodded silently to myself and pull up my big girl pants, feeling my face burn at the embarrassment.

"Actually..." I nervously laugh with wide eyes, "I'm kinda, maybe, sort of, stuck... in the bathtub." My voice started rushed and ended quiet as I cringed.

"Do you... do you want me to help?" He seemed nervous about asking and I slammed my forehead with my palm as I hugged my knees to my chest and covered my upper body with my arms.

"Please..." I whimper feeling like crying. My eyes burned and heart pounded in my chest as the door handle twists. He made me leave it unlocked for emergencies, smart thinking for the current situation.

My hair hid my face like curtains as his figure took steps closer to me. I was curled into myself as a hand pushed my hair back on the right side, my eyes instantly locking with blue eyes.

"Are you ok?" He asks me again, concern evident in his voice. I gulped as I my eyes gloss over in unshed tears.

"Yeah, just don't really wanna be stuck in a bathtub idiot." I respond with a small smile. A grin titled his lips as he blinks at me and extended both his hands out to me, "If you so much as glance down, I will gauge your eyes out." I warn him in seriousness and he sends me a firm nod.

I place my hands in his and our eyes stay locked as he stand and takes me with him. I squeezed his hands to pull myself up, at the last moment when I was going to be standing at full height, my knees buckled under me.

A strangled curse screeches from my mouth as I began to fall. Arsen was quick and he pulled me against his body, holding up all my weight. My breathing heavy and eyes wide as I fisted his button up shirt with all my might.

"I got you, I always got you Snow." My head was buried in his chest as he pulled me out of the bathtub and my feet touched a damp fuzzy bathmat.

His arms wrapped around me quickly moved and a warm towel was wrapped around my shoulders, covering my nude body as he still held me against him, panic leaving my tense shoulders as I clenched my jaw.

"I'm good now, I'll change and then... whatever" I roll my eyes as I explain and pull the towel down a bit, wrapping it around my torso and chest to cover my body.

Figuring I was covered and no longer bare, he took a step back and sent me a small smile before leaving the bathroom. I felt guilty for not even thanking him.

"Ughhh" I groaned as I slapped my forehead. I shook my head and grabbed my clothes pile, wincing as I stood straight, my legs felt heavy.

I tightened the towel around me before unplugging the bath and stepping out of the bathroom, the hallway lonely, making me sigh as I began trudging to the guest room a few doors down.

"Tired?" A voice laughed behind me. I halt my steps, looking over my shoulder at Lincoln. He waved at me as he walked a few steps behind me.

"Pretty sure I have the reason for it..." I yawn halfway through my sentence. Maybe I should sleep. It never hurt anyone.

"Want some help?" The door to the guest room was in front of me, he turned the handle, opening it for me and placed his hand on my arm.

His touch wasn't comfortable, I flinched at the contact of him warm palm like it was cold. My face hardening as he retracts his arm with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, you should get some rest though." He sends me a smile before turning and walking back down the hall. I rubbed my arm where he touched, it was so different from Arsen.

Arsen. A topic i've been trying to avoid.

I speed my way into the room and close the door, locking it this time and going to the closet, opening it, not surprised to the see a mall stored in there.

Not wanting to suffocate my chest, I throw on an oversized gray crew neck and, timidly, slide on the black panties from the drawer off to the side. A pair of black leggings and fuzzy socks to cover my feet, by the time I'm done changing, I'm out of breath like I just ran from cops across town.

I dropped on the bed on my back, sighing heavily as I groan inwardly at the recent events. My arms spread apart as I privately indulged in my thoughts, 100 thoughts running through my mind, yet 99 are about one person, one boy who has cared for me more in one week than my father in 16 years.

My eyes flutter closed as the phantom feeling of his hands holding me up cradle me. It's odd and strange to feel something so foreign for a boy who I loathe. A voice that always seems to speak the right words to me and eyes that read so much emotion.

I never understood how people could read other eyes until I saw his. It was an instant familiarity, I became accustomed to his dark and crystal clear cerulean orbs. It was something I brushed off, though I could never read no one else's unless it was projected purposely. It shook me to my core, setting off a fear for something I knew would eventually occur. I recall the soft words he told me in the bathroom.

I got you, I always got you Snow.

It made a smile curve at my lips as the words sink in. I wasn't alone, not anymore, even if I hated to admit it. It was quick, a 180° turn that set off a domino effect.

It's as though the world was moving at a superhuman speed and now slowed down, made me look around, and somehow, just somehow, I was drawn to the cerulean blue mural that danced in streaks of green and gold speckles.

I also began thinking about Bella, his mother, the nice and polite woman who for one second of time, reminded me of a mothers love. One smile she sent me had me warm like I was in a bundle of blankets on Christmas morning. A motherly smile, reminding me of my own mothers.

Tears flowed down my face shamelessly in the dark room as a smile never faltered from my lips. A laugh bubbling up in my throat as everything assaulted my mind. Someone cared for me, this fuck up.

I grasped a pillow from above me and pushed it down my face, smothering a scream I let out. A happy and angry scream that made me laugh.

The laugh turned into a sob. My mouth parted in a pout as my eyes screwed shut and I cried into the gray pillow. I was crying from the realization of someone caring, for a moment of motherly love, for getting stuck in a fucking bathtub, and then the cherry that tops this cake;

For liking Arsen fucking Santos.