14| B L U F F I N G

Talk of Self-Harm*

I am in no way encouraging it, simply bringing awareness. If you struggle with this yourself, do not wait until you have harmed yourself or someone else, please call the hotline number below

- (800) 273- 8255 -

- S N O W -

I zipped up the tracksuit jacket on my body and pulled the pockets with the fists before dropping my hands to the side and opening the bathroom door.

I waddle out feeling like my legs were the living embodiment of a jello cup. Grabbing the duffle bag the hospital so nicely provided, I stuffed my clothes from yesterday into the bag.

In place that my escape plan yesterday would work, I had changed into sweats and a hoodie. I showered this morning from feeling icky. My hands move at an extra slow pace as thoughts began popping up in my mind.

How am I going to pay for the hospital bill? Did they call Lewis? Was I honestly going to go back home to the man responsible for my hospitalization?

"Ready?" A deep voice breaks my anxious thoughts. I look over at Arsen as he slings my bag over his shoulder. I don't even call him out on it.

"Yeah, lets get out of here..." I was itching to get out of here. I hated the hospital, that much didn't change from last week. Yes, i've spent a whole 7 days in the damn hospital.

As I walked ahead of Arsen out the door, my eyes widened. Mail at home had the weekly check, if Lewis found it and saw I wasn't home, who knew what he used the money for.

"Woah there!" A arm grabs my upper bicep and my instinct reaction is to flinch and pull my arm away, "Hey, snow.." I clenched my jaw looking up at the concerning eyes of Arsen, a new emotion that's peeked through a few times.

"I'm good idiot" The smirk on my face was giving off a playful demeanor but I was a ball of anxiety on the inside.

He seemed convinced and nodded once towards the hall. I began waddling slowly again and made a grimace as my leg felt like it wanted to cramp.

I made a grumpy face as we continued walking. The nurse didn't even give me a wheelchair for my discharge, messed up if you tell me.

Feeling like I weighed a ton had me walking slowly and apparently not fast enough for Arson who looped his arm around mine and hoisted me up on his arm silently.

"That was nice of you, I am only allowing this for your benefit since it seems clear you like being near me." I state sternly but silently thanked god that I could lean some of my weight on him though I would never admit it.

"Whatever you have to tell yourself." He laughed and I hide to bite my cheek to not let my smile peak through.

Exiting the doors, the clouds loomed over the town and looked as though night was approaching even though it was 10am.

"Snow! Yoo Hoo!" I scrunched my eyebrows as a distant voice shouted. My eyes followed the flailing arms and my expression fell into a scowl.

"Oh hell naw..." I mumbled as Jake came towards us with Xander and Lincoln behind him, casually talking.

"Thank fuck!" Jake shouted as he got closer to me and embraced me in a shaking hug. My feet lifted off the floor as he shook my body.

"Put her the fuck down Jake." Arsen grit out as he held a grip on Jake's shoulder that had him crouching down and letting me go as he made a pained face.