03| I C O N I C

- S N O W -

I felt the relief of being alone at home.

Lewis still wasn't back from probably the bar since last night. I preferred being here without the punches to the gut anyway.

I had my hair in rollers on my head and my body was only clad in a my all black undergarments. My eyes glanced around my closet trying to find what to wear.

Clothes were a big part of me. If I didn't have a nice outfit on, I felt my whole center off balanced. Fashion, my hair and my appearance in general were my biggest concerns. I wanted to look good and feel confident even if I wasn't really feeling it.

I had quite the closet due to the money I specifically get in a credit card from moms funds. Lewis had no clue about it and I intended to keep it that way.

The weather was a bit cold today due to it being mid December. Rain was a possibility and that made my mood brighten. I loved the rain. The only bad part about it being winter was the fact that Lewis decides to leave much more marks on me since I would cover them from the cold weather.

I pulled on a black long sleeve and slid on a burnt orange pair of overalls. They were baggy just how I liked. I cuffed the bottoms since I was pretty short for the long legs.

I walked to the bathroom and looked in the mounted mirror on top of the sink. I hair-sprayed my hair before rolling out the red rollers.

I put them back in the box and hid them under the sink where Lewis never looks or even attempts to.

My hair rolled up in curls to almost my shoulders. My iconic hairstyle, thank you.

Teeth and face were washed, but my right cheek was a purple color making me wince just looking at it.

With the help of foundation and concealer, I covered the thing up in no time. I did the rest of my makeup consisting of mascara, lip gloss and a bit of highlighter on my nose.

Back in my room, I slid on my black chucks and tied them, double knot, since I'm a total klutz. I also added on both index fingers a pair of gold rings. The silver chain still wrapped around my neck and tucked in my shirt.

Grabbing my laptop out of my closet, I stuffed it into my backpack with the charger and sling the bag over my shoulders. I swiped my phone and slid it into my back pocket before leaving my room. I closed the door and did a light jog to the kitchen.

I worked like a machine as I grabbed the premade meal trays from the freezer beside the fridge and opened the boxes they were in. Setting the 3 trays right in front of Lewis' eyes in the fridge.

My stomach growled at me and I pursed my lips as I realized I didn't even eat dinner last night. I wasn't a big food fan in the morning so Instead I took a protein shake with me.

With my bag and keychain in hand, I walked out the front door, leaving it open for a stumbling Lewis to come in through.

Instead of going straight to my car, I went to the mailbox first taking out the 3 envelopes. 2 being offers to open credit cards while the third was the check from the lawyer. It was Thursday after all.

I opened my driver door and slid in. I set the envelopes in the glove compartment and made a mental note to stop by the bank after school to cash the check for the week.

Turning on the ignition, I waited until the car warmed from the chilly weather before reversing out the driveway and to LakeView.

I was in no rush even though the first bell would ring in 7 minutes. I had no one to talk to so why be there early?