28| C O C O A P E B B L E S

- S N O W -

I tossed and turned, the blankets making me feel as though I was overheating. The sheets were too warm and my pillow was warm, I couldn't sleep, much less, be comfortable. My heart seemed to beat in my back, thumping in my ear.

Sitting up, I tossed the blankets to the side, standing up slowly, the carpet making me feel even ickier. I cringed as I walked quietly out of the room, closing the door behind me silently, a pang of fear striking my chest at the darkness that consumed the house. I swallowed the fear, lip syncing the lyrics of my favorite song as I walked down the hallway with my hand on the wall to guide me.

When my hand touched a wood rail, I could faintly make out the stairs, which I carefully stepped down. I was humming as I stepped down onto tile floor, the coldness jolting through my body, calming the heat that was burning me alive.

The windows were open, the moonlight giving a small shine in the kitchen, my breath staggering out in a sigh as I somewhat waddled to the kitchen. My balance wasn't the best.

I pulled open the fridge as quietly as I could, but the suction made it sound so loud, a large annoyed sigh leaving me as I opened both doors, the light bright as I looked over the organized fridge with so many food items, like an even richer Whole Foods.

My hands on my hips moved as I brushed my hair back, my hands on my shoulders as I let out a yawn, my head turning as it made me shudder and eyes water. I was tired, but my body didn't want to rest. I slumped my back tiredly, rubbing at my eyes to rid of the sleepiness that would soon be gone and simply grabbing a water bottle before closing the fridge.

Unscrewing the cap, I took a small sip, my dry mouth being somewhat hydrated as I lean my body on the counter, the cool marble tops touching my skin and cooling me down.

I heard him before I felt him, the small sound of the soles of his feet quietly touching the floor as he came up behind me, it would've scared me if I didn't hear him, but I slowly spun around, his sleepy eyes looking down at me with question. My eyes had latched on to his V-line that was exposed from the low hanging pajama pants, my eyes moving up his abs to the curve of his waist, a broad rib cage that made him look more buff, arms as big as my legs. The ink displayed over his skin was mesmerizing.

I was hypnotized as my hand rose, my feet shuffling towards him slowly as I touched his lower tummy, my fingers lightly tracing the barbed wire art on his v-line, it had sword lily's blooming from the wire. I let out a small chuckle, it was my favorite flower.

"Sword Lily's, my favorite." I mutter before clearing my throat and taking my hand back, feeling guilty for touching him without his permission. I gripped the water bottle as he spoke with a hoarse and raspy voice.

"They stand for strength, infatuation, integrity." I have a smile on my face as he talks, I always believed I was similar to a sword lily, having the strength to make it far in life, "What are you doing awake? You don't even look like you've slept at all baby.." His hand cupped my cheek softly, stroking my face as he pinched his eyebrows, looking at me for an answer.

"I can't sleep. I have insomnia.." On cue I yawn, my hand over my mouth as my eyes spring with tears. I rub the tears away, licking my dry lips. I blink the blurriness away as my body feels warm again, "It's hot.." I mutter as I wipe my forehead, a sweat bead about to run down.

"I think you're just stressed and anxious." I almost laugh at his observation that was more of a life story. His hand glided down my arm to my hand, interlacing our fingers gently, "Let's get you to sleep." He pulls me along with him, the darkness not fazing him as he walked through the dark without hesitance. My hand tightened around his as I couldn't see anything, he pulled me close to him, my arm tucking under his in a way as he opened a door.