almost there

Arizona's pov;
(6 months into the pregnancy)

Today me and Amelia were having our gender reveal. And yes, yes i know it's a bit late but were surgeons, we weren't even going to have one at first. Anyway, the reason i was most excited for today was because April was flying in. I hadn't seen her since me and Amelia's wedding but we do facetime at least once a week. She also had some business to do here. I heard Amelia walking down the steps. "Hey baby." She said. "Hi mí ámór." I said approaching her. "You excited for today?!" She asked excitedly. "Yes, and i can tell you are too." I laughed. "I am. But i'm sort of biased on boy or girl." She exclaimed. "Me too. But i'm mostly leaning towards girl. I cannot wait to raise whichever gender they'll be." I said genuinely happy.

Later at the gender reveal party everyone we were close with/ invited arrived. We were getting ready to do the reveal when April showed up. I ran up to her. "Hi! I missed you dearly!" I said excited. "Me too! Me too! Now let's get to revealing." She said hugging me and pulling away. "Okay, okay." I said. Me and Amelia pulled the bottle rocket back (we both had our own.) "Oh my god!!" Amelia yelled in excitement and i did too. We'd never expected a girl AND a boy, we just thought it be girl and girl or boy and boy. I went up to Amelia and kissed her as everybody clapped. "We're having a boy and a girl Amelia!" I said. "Yes, yes we are. I love you so much." She said. "I love you too." I said.

Amelia's pov;
(8 months into the pregnancy)

So, i was actually for real having my babies next month. Absolutely insane! Twins, in less than thirty days. I couldn't be more excited for anything in the world. Not so much the birth part though. I've been through that, and it's not my favorite thing but i'd like a natural birth. Anyway, i'd actually just got out of a 3 hour surgery. And yes, i still work when i'm pregnant, don't be that person that says 'oh women should stay home all the time blah blah blah'. It's annoying, and quite sexist.

I hadn't seen Arizona much today, i mean yeah i was in surgery but i only saw her this morning when we went into work. I went in oncall rooms to look for her. I eventually found her laying down sleeping in one. I never really thought on how much a toll this pregnancy could take on her too. And she has much more surgeries that me, and still has to take care and look out for me. I just went and layed down beside her and cuddled up to her. I heard her whisper "I love you.", and i guessed she knew it was me. "How did you know i was in here." I asked whispering. "Your smell. I memorized it, plus i wasn't all the way asleep. But please stay here with me." She said still whispering. "Okay baby." I said and we just slept there for a while.