Bonus Chapter 8

Present time:

Author's pov :

Recently it is more stressful for Amu, being in the starting phase of a new career is good and challenging but it also takes a lot of time to adapt completely to the routine. Though now she is got adapted to her work environment and colleagues. Sometimes the long travelling and camps are a bit hard and frustrating.

A few days back their team has gone on a short research trip to a very small rural village where there is no network or proper road facilities. Nights are even more horrible at that place with mosquitoes everywhere.

Now she is back and her bed feels like heaven. Her phone pinged indicating there is a message for her. These few days there are nearly thousands and thousands of messages from Yash conveying his apologies for his behaviour and asking for a chance to meet her personally.

She finally decided to meet him and listen to whatever he wants to say and messaged the same thing to him. He immediately responded with a big smiling emoji and asked her to decide the place.

Finally, they both decided to meet at pizza corner for tomorrow's lunch.

.

.

.

.

Even before the decided time, Yash came to the pizza corner, got seated and started eagerly waiting for Amu. He is occasionally staring at the entrance door and checking the time for every minute.

.
.
.

At the exact time decided by both, Amu arrived. Yash waved his hand indicating his arrival.

.

.

They both got settled there and ordered their lunch.

"What is that you want to talk to me so badly?" Amu asked directly.

"Please, first let's have our lunch. " Yash said nervously.

He is scared she would go as soon as he completes talking. He wants to spend some more time with her, even if it is just seeing her in front of him.

.

.

.

They both had lunch in comfortable silence.

"There are many things I want to talk about with you but before all, I want to apologize. " Yash said.

"I'm sorry for not being loyal in our relationship. I'm sorry for not sharing my insecurities completely with you. I always has this fear of what if I would be alone in the end. With this fear, I again went into the wrong path hurting you. I'm sorry for all the pain I have caused you. I know a sorry can't erase all the pain you have gone through because of me but I wish it could at least reduce your pain a little." Yash said in a sincere voice.

"Why suddenly? I mean how can you change all of a sudden. I thought you are so happy all these three years as I let you have your freedom back." Amu said in a confident tone.

"I think I have understood the value of the love I lost too late. The day you meet me before going to London became a nightmare for me all these years. I wish I was not a jerk to you back then. I wish I would have cherished you well." Yash confessed.

"I think the one now you are feeling is guilt. Ok. I accept your apology. I forgave you. " Amu said picking her handbag ready to go.

"This is not only guilt. I really liked every minute we have spend during the first month of our dating journey. I liked all your silly antics, the love and care you showered on me. I too thought you are my perfect life partner. You really made your place in my heart Amu. It's just my ego that I never realised my feelings for you. " Yash said holding her hand preventing her from going.

"You may think why I never came after you to London if all my words are true. I thought I don't deserve you. So I choose to let you go to your dream career. I even wished you should meet someone who really deserves you but I don't know why I'm not able to bear it when it is really happening. I'm not able to see any guy even standing beside you. I don't know what is wrong with me. It's paining here. I'm not able to bear it." He said pointing towards his heart.

"I know those guys are better than me but I still can't see..."

He is not able to form any more words. A Teardrop feels from his eyes.

"First, let's move towards your car. " Amu said holding Yash's hand taking him towards the parking slot as their conversation is gaining other people's attention.

.

.

"Yash now I can understand your insecurities because you have shared your problem with me. But the past can't be changed. We should have had this conversation in the past. In past, I tried many times to ask your problem but every time you talked like I'm keeping you a hostage." Amu said letting out her frustration.

"I can understand now you regret your mistakes but how can you make me gain my trust in you again? How can I again trust you? What if you again got attracted to your free lifestyle? Should I always be checking on you? Sorry, I can't be in such a relation. In my opinion, any relationship should be based on trust, understanding, love and communication. You neither trusted me enough to share your insecurities, neither there is proper communication in our relationship. I think understanding and love are just imaginary in our relationship. Now I'm not ready to trust you." Amu said with tears flowing from her eyes.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry." Yash continued saying sorry hugging her.

They both cried in each other arms letting their pain a little out.

"I know I have already lost the chance to have an angel like you in my life but I want to try. I want to try again and again till my last breath." Yash said with determination.

"I promise, I will not trouble or force you. But I will try sincerely. This time I will try to make a place in your heart and gain your trust." Yash said.

"Don't take tension, I'm not complying you to give me a chance. I will try as a one-side lover. Even if in our journey you like someone. I will be happy but better that guy should be a gem who can take care of my gem." Yash adorably at Amu.

.

.

Yash dropped her at her workplace after their conversation.

Amu thoughts got struck think about his words. She can hear there is so much sincerity in his words. She is glad the person she loved is such a brave guy who can accept his faults and is ready to work on them.

*************************************

Hope you all are doing well.

What do you think about the chapter?

Bye. See you all in the next chapter. Take care.

Keep similing.