Chapter 35

Aaradhya's pov :

Sangeet ceremony :

Sangeet is the ceremony where both the families enjoy themselves singing, dancing and celebrating the happiest event.

First brides family sings a traditional folk song welcoming the groom's family. Next, the family members continue singing and dancing enjoying the ceremony.

According to the tradition, first, from the bride side, some of Ithika's cousins started singing a folk song welcoming the groom side, purvi and some other cousins danced for the song accordingly. It's a beautiful welcoming.

We made Ithika and Rahul bhaiya sit beside each other on a beautifully decorated sofa placed on a small decorated stage.

Both bride side and groom side members seated in the seating arrangements made in front of the stage.

                     Stage in centre

     Seating arrangements in around.

Some elders blessed the soon to be couple to have a bright future.

Later I, Mahira and Rahul bhaiya's friends started dancing for the "Bole chudiyan" song.

I'm not so good at dancing but Mahira strictly ordered that I should dance with her in sangeet, so she taught me dancing for few songs. Rahul bhaiya's friends are also interested to dance, so we all formed some groups from the groom side to dance and practised accordingly.

Along with Anirudh, some other guys joined our group. I and Anirudh are one pair, Mahira and a guy named Sudheer are one pair and the other four are background dancers.
.
.
.

Our performance completed, all cheered us with claps and whistles.

Next from the bride side Purvi, Amulya, a few other girls and boys started dancing for the song "cutiepie" from Ae Dil ha muskhil.

The sequence continued like this one dance from the groom's side and the other from the bride's side.

Lastly we both sides combined and danced for " Kala Chasma" song, we dragged almost everyone present there to dance, all generations enjoyed for some time and concluded the dances.

We all took rest for some time and started to eat lunch. After lunch, we planned to play some games.

Arjun's pov :

Ithika's cousins and Purvi welcomed the groom's side with a traditional folk song.

I'm missing Aaru so much from the last three days. Finally, my waiting is over. There she is, so beautiful and cute at the same time.

I badly wanted to pinch her chubby cheeks.

The ceremony started, for the first dance from the groom's side, Mahira and Aaradhya came to the centre, so my girl is going to dance. What the! Some guys added to them, that good for nothing doctor guy and Aaru dancing in a pair. This is the last thing I wanted to watch.

I'm burning with jealousy watching them dance. I should fastly make a move, so that doctor will stay away from Aaru. I can clearly see he is interested in Aaru. I can't let him steal my Aaru. She is my angry bird.

I turned left and saw Daksh also having an irritated look same as me.

We both buddies, now looking like a jealousy boyfriend.

Soon there dance ended and I released my breath. Damm!

Some others started there performances and it continued for some time.

For the last song, we all danced for some time. I should have thought it before, then I would have danced with Aaru today.

We all started to have lunch, later there are some game programs.

We started playing games like guess the one behind you, treasure hunt, rope pulling.

For guess me one behind you game my turn came, I went and seated on a stool, they tied a thick cloth covering my eyes. The game started, I should guess the one who came and stood behind me after tieing blindfold. The person behind me will beat me on my back three times and later goes and stands in the line with others. I should go and find the one who stood behind me previously with my blindfolds on. One person will guide me until the line.

I guessed the person quite easily, as she is the one who dares to beat me always. I identified her, by her body scent and her anklets sounds. Her anklets make a unique sound from others, I identified it the time she is dancing before.

I went towards the line with the help of the man. I started checking one by one and finally identified her. She looked shocked, as I identified her correctly, whereas most of the members guessed wrong while playing previously.

"Don't get too surprised Aaru. " I said winking at her.

She opened and closed her mouth like a fish but no words came in surprise.

Later we proceeded to the next games.

In rope pulling girls from the groom's side one team and girls from the bride side opponent team, both teams started pulling the rope and at last groom's side team won the match.

Next, we boys started the game. We started pulling the ropes. At first, it looked like a tough competition but later our team started pulling with more force, slowly opposite team grip became loose and we won the match.

The day went with lots of fun.

************************************

Hope you all are doing well.

What do you think about the chap?

Favourite game?

Bye. See you all in the next chap. Take care.