chap 10

-probably now Kayla when she sings.

"So you have 4 elemental magic?"

"Yeah, sort of like that" saying something that is supposed to be a secret is something you should be aware of. Especially about having a cheat or op powers, for pete's sake It's not my fault he looks stunned. Blame the old man who dragged me.

"...ha" Oh, he's that guy who accepts extraordinary stuff like he's used to it! You bastard.

"Wh- so what's wrong if I can accept reality....."

"Ah- no I mean... That's a good point, I guess? Anyways, can you do any magic?"

"of course! I live in this world for more than 20 years after all. I've train my powers so I could-"

"Yeah yeah, I get it"

As his face turns distorted, I look into the streets full of people passing by. Some waves towards us, so I waved back.

Waves, never seen one after the last time I went to the beach at 3 or so that's what my father said when I eavesdrop on his mourns while looking at an old photo album idk where he got it.

Probably because he was an ex-photographer, so he took a picture of this and that.

My INFJ observing instincts are tingling wild.

"Speaking of magic..."

"You want to know how to use it, don't you?"

"Exactly"

*sigh*

Long story short, he explains how to use it.
And it definitely didn't take me 2 weeks on how to use one. Btw I leveled up.

[Anemo magic Lv. 1 increases to Anemo Lv. 3]
[Anemo magic lv. 3 increases to Anemo Lv. 4]

[Pyro magic lv. 1 increases to Pyro Lv. 2]

I get achievements like for example,
[wind cutter: can be achieved after leveling up Anemo magic to level 3]
[ability: cut anything into two by saying 'cut']

"Cut"

*slash* the tree got split in half. Yay, a good material to make... I forgot I'm not a craftsman. Looks like it's all up to the carpenter to make extra chairs n stuff.
I shoulda observed that guy when he was making stuff with those pickaxes and hatchet and hammers n stuff.

"STOP CUTTING DOWN TREES!!"
"K"

Am I actually just cool? Cutting down a tree with just a word? But this place is a place where magic exists, so this is probably normal.

-------------------

"Howdy carpenter guy"
"It's Edward lil lady, have some more wood?"
I swear this guy's a wood fetish. Do you want more wood daily? You're gonna be famous.

Sometimes, I don't have a speck of idea where this story is leading to. I thought this was a villainess story with a plot, why is it now a slice-of-life story with no context? Author, did you change your mind?

"That's a lotta wood ya got there lady"
"Thank you, my good man. I am a strong independent lady after all" kinda curtsey a lil bit to show respect. Now I remember everytime my dad go home, I had to greet him and stuff. Japan's no difference.

"Ya know, there's a rumor that the marquise of Edinburg's daughter had been long gone because she tried to attempt arson. Man, noble sure has some exotic issues these days. Back in the days, even nobles are much better than now. Good ol days...."
"I don't feel melancholic about this backstory"
"Yep, kids like ya don't understand"
"Apologies, perhaps"

---------------------

"You're home early"
"This is nothing like home"
And I have thousands of reasons why. One, no internet; two, no electricity; three, no fun reads, mostly about boring biology or some educational stuff.

So how did my novel progressed?
Well, at this rate, it's a personal diary now.
I don't even wanna show you this gibberish shit
Man, what was the sea cucumber's name again?
Did Cinderella's prince charming's short-term memory name loss affect me? That's a bummer.

"Ey Freddy"
"Hah?"
"I'm gonna leave this place a month later"
Freddy, who is in the kitchen cleaning the dishes, doesn't look so surprised. He probably already knew such information from his psychic powers. Damn espers are a cheat.

"Two months allowance, Kayla"
"Aiya, that again?"
Everytime Fred, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME

"Fine, this month and before"
If this guy were a novel character, he would be that one annoying mob everyone hated. Oh, like I am the one to judge.

×××××××××××××

Yeah you guessed it, 'time skip to one month later' cliché

Of course, I paid him, with a bonus of 1 kilogram of decaf coffee with a box filled with 12 creamers in a container. No, it's wooden boxes and yes, he likes coffee like how 21st-century kids are on drugs. I should've burned down the cocaine inside the kitchen drawers before I died. Too late for any regrets I guess?

I'm glad that bastard Fred-something-ssi is kind and patient enough to make a damn map of the whole continent with the important cities and stuff. If life's a little easier, then google maps would have a looong way to go.

"To the liberatory port of Edinburgh near the west coast, sir Coachmen!"
"On it, young lass"
And the carriage goes like: ⬆⬅⬇ here and there

-5 hours of riding in a carriage-

this is a slower trip than when I travel from Busan to Seoul by car. I'm bored! I need entertainment or something that can distract me.

not that I think about it, why didn't Fred get enough screentime? Well, that's a problem he knows himself.

I heard loud chattering outside the carriage, curious as I am, I take a look at what bazaar crap they're on to. It wasn't a bazaar, just people crowding on someplace like an ant.

"Ye musta been confused lil lady. The nobility was havin a party at the castle to congratulate the prince's graduation party until someone tries to assassinate em. Got caught and turns out it was Helius, the Prince's right-hand man, and childhood friend. Princey immediately ordered him to get a death sentence. Today's the day he's gonna be crucified and burned to death. Poor fella"
That's harsher than getting stubbed on the toe. In fact, what kind of sane person would do that?

"Kill him!"

"Traitor should burn!"

"He doesn't deserve any mercy!"

"How could he dare to kill the prince! Our prince!"

The people are harsher, almost the same as the criticism on the internet. Why am I surprised for? The prince can really manifest crucifixion, sadly he can't manifest feelings. For example, try to understand the cause of the havoc before doing an action.

"Did the prince not negotiate with him?"

"I don't really know, he just told them an immediate execution"

Yeah, what a foolish person.

"I hereby announce that Sir Helius, the right-hand man of the prince, for causing treason by poisoning the future king, An Immediate execution of crucifixion and burn to death" It's starting today!?

(You can manifest crucifixion, but you can't manifest guys -Girlfriend)