chap 14.1 (Knight's PoV)

-If saving you was a sin, I'll gladly become a sinner.

× somewhere, in another place not far away ×

Hello everyone, I am what you call the one guard knight. In the previous chapters, they mentioned me quite a few. I am a loyal guard of the Dremains. Actually, i don't even know how i got there. I was sure that i sent the letter of attendance to the castle of Edinberg. There might be a mail mixup between an actual attendance but here I am.

Funny, I actually remain clueless about it for two years until i started realizing. I thought "oh, everything looks different from what my parents describe me! Oh well." And i would like to bring my innocence back. Before i knew it, I was their faithful dog hatchi! Or i became dog who threw himself into flames [a reference to dog of osu who saved its owner's life in cost of the dogs. This is it's modifier in ORV]

I found myself...my eyes... To lay upon a certain madame. Maybe a sweetheart. Yeah, it's madame Edna. She was always with Kayla-ssi , looking out after her, and i would almost see her with small bruises and baggy eyes, probably doing her tantrums and taking it out on poor Edna.

Although i don't particularly hate the lady, i don't like her fits either. She's like a clueless child in an adult body, void from proper love and care. Her parents didn't care what happens to their only daughter and the twins are indifferent, while trying to understand her.

The only thing i felt about the lady is... Pity.

Edna too, she had a deep caring feeling towards the lady that my feelings ached. The Dremains are ruthless. A measly bug cannot even dare to touch the already big mansion.

They pay us good though, which is fortunate.

What? You think i should care about the lady more? I can barely even touch her chambers, let alone start a conversation.

Though, one day when the lady has changed her attitude (and even attire holy shit) and started defending herself, I realized that, she's no longer a lady.

Ever since the lady went out, life in the mansion hadn't been well, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Edna however, hadn't taken proper rest and kept mumbling, even in her sleep.

"Miss Poe..." She rubbed her eyes and slowly looked towards me.

"Yes...sir knight...how may I help you?"

Look at her, baggy and puffy red eyes, lips that had marks, pale, i never new I'd see Edna in such state, as she was always known to be perfect.

"Have you had breakfast?"

She just sat there and shot a small smile at me, like she has nothing to worry about.

"...have you even taken an ounce of sleep this week?"

She looked even more worried, but still kept smiling. A persistent fellow who doesn't want anyone worrying to a cannon fodder like herself.

Sadly, i am also a cannon fodder.

I guess cannon fodders really do relate.

"...do you think that the Lady cannot survive on her own? Then you are wrong, Miss Poe"

She then dropped her smile

"I think the lady, while immature, she also grew up, while not as splendidly. It's all thanks to you, for not giving up on her, Miss Poe."

I'm sorry, that's the only thing i can say. But as i wish she doesn't loathe me, she just stayed there, and finally looking away, nodding down with tears fillinv her eyes.

"Oh, I can't believe i won't be able to see that child again. I remember when she was a little girl, she would run around and climb this one big apple tree with a rope hanging from it. We didn't know what to do with it so we made a swing..."

Wait what-

"And when she would sneak out just for some cookies in the middle of the night despite me being in the same room"

Huh....

"I can't believe my child is finally going away from home because of the prince."

I can't not be honest that I'm starting to see the prince becoming a punching bag amongst the maid.

Also, you're acting like a doting mother.

"There-there" i gently gave her a back pat.

*sniff sniff

++ 4 mins later ++

She finally calmed down, and she looked a little better.

To be honest, her crying expression reminded me of a crying Koala trying to find it's babies.

"You know..."

"Hm?"

"I'm starting to think that you're actually a sweet person deep down..."

Omg senpai finally notice me?

"I'm just helping out, i do not do anything important"

She then sighed

"I think sir knight should stop having such a stiff expression" she chuckled.

Ah, even a chuckle from her sounds cute.

"I'll try"