The Ride

Few days past and I kept trying to text Elle, but every time I did, I sounded like a dork, and totally desperate. I had to word it right and make it sound like causal, like I have to come any how, for it was only last weekend I was there.

"Hey Elle, I am going to be in town this weekend again, I have some work things to do, but I am free Saturday if you want to take the ride with me up the coast?"

I wasn't expecting her to respond right away, considering the time difference, she might have been busy at work or who knows, but wow she responded right away.

My heart dropped when I heard that ping sound.

I look over and a pic I have not seen come up on my phone in years, that it is Elle at the beach. Wow I take a deep breath and open it.

"Hi, long time no talk, ya Saturday is good for me, I have no plans this weekend."

             "Ok, would you like to meet at our spot and then drive up the coast and then go for                     dinner?"

"Sure, that would be great, and our spot you mean the gazebo right or the sign?

               "No, the gazebo say around 2.

"Perfect I will see you then 😉"

Holy I just leaned back in my chair ran my hand through my hair and couldn't believe this, 2 on Saturday I have a date with my Shelly.

Next thing I know it is Friday and I have a meeting with one of the partners at the firm I am at, I have to let them know what my decision is, I know I have a few more days, but I know in hearts of hearts what I am doing and where I plan to be.

As I head to the airport after work, it is 5pm here and it is 2pm there, so that will get me around 7pm LA time, perfect for me to go home unpack a little, talk to my parents about my plan, and get a good nights sleep.

As I start to unpack and decide what I am going to wear tomorrow, my mom pops into my room, "Hey, your dad had to go out of town on a business emergency, do you want to wait until he returns to talk to us or what?" "I will wait, I want you both here", "Ok, so you seem more yourself lately", "I do, oh might have something to do with my plans for tomorrow" "What are your plans". I motion to mom to come sit, I explain what I am doing tomorrow, she looks surprised but happy, she places her hand on my knee, "just don't get over excited be causal about it, I don't want you to get your hopes up and get hurt again.", "I know mom, I know I did the right thing, but it still hurt."

Next morning, I got up took a shower, got organized way to early, but I couldn't contain myself. Drove over to Lee's and Rachel's place for a bit, more to make the time go by quicker, next thing I knew it was 1:30pm and it was time to  get going.

I get on my bike and as I rode, all I could feel was Shelly's arms around me, her breath on my neck, feel the little pecks she would give me. As I pull up I see another bike here, I look down to the gazebo and there she is. My heart just skipped a beat, I want to run up to her scoop her up in my arms, throw her legs around me and kiss every inch of her, I can't. I make my way to the door, our eyes connect, she looked amazing.

"Hey sorry I am late, little bit of traffic", "its ok, I just got here too." We just sat there and talk for a little bit, she was telling me about this new game she is developing, her boss is really happy with the beta version, he is hoping when it goes live it is a smash which he figures it will be. I told her about my two offers, and how I am trying to decide which one to take, (though I have already made my decision on Friday and let my firm know I am taking the one in LA, I start there in the new year.) "That is amazing Noah, I am so proud of you, I knew you could do this." After about an hour we decided to head out for our ride. As we headed up the coast, I drove behind her, wow she has really got the riding a bike down, she was so good at it.

The weather started to get a bit ugly looking out, so we pulled over and she suggested we head to her place so she can park her bike and we could go on one for dinner. I was into that, not a problem here.

As we arrived at her place I realized she lives literally around the corner from Lee and Rachel. All the times I have been to his place, and he has never told me, probably because I would have driven up and down the streets waiting to see her.

Elle's Place

The apartment building wasn't anything specular, pretty standard for this area of LA, she wasn't far from Manhattan Beach, it was typical for this area of town. When we went into her apartment it was exactly as I had envisioned our place to look like. It was so warm and cozy feeling, it wasn't a small place, it did have two bedrooms, little kitchen, eating area, a balcony, and reasonable sized living room.

"Hey before we head out do you want a drink, I have beer, wine, juice, water, coffee" "Sure what ever you are having I will have the same" "Have a seat I will be right there" she says from the kitchen. There is a wall between the living room and the kitchen, so sounds get a little muffled.  I go sit on the sectional she has in the living room, I look around at how the place is decorated, I can see her mom in her style, books and throws and pillows everywhere, but I can also see touches of my mom too, flowers and planets, this warms my heart. She is talking to me as she pours our drink, "So you like my little place?" "Ya, this is nice, nice view, cozy and quiet." "That was the main reason I am here, the quietness." Just as she is about at the couch she trips on the rug on the floor, I had my back to her and all I heard was a loud thud and glass breaking. I jump up to see her laying on the floor, laughing. "My god Elle you ok", "I think so, I keep meaning to fix that spot but haven't yet, and this is not the first time I have done this", I laugh and walk over to her extend my hand to help her up, but the minute she puts pressure on her leg she collapses right back to the floor.

"Elle you ok, what hurts", "I think my ankle is twisted, the pain searing up me indicates that", "Here let me help you to the couch and take a look, I have done numbers on my ankles, so I get you." I pick her up, place her on the couch, lift her leg up on to a pillow. As I examine it, my thought is yup she has sprained it, I suggest maybe we should go to the hospital to get it looked at, and at first she was "no it will be fine, I will just ice it and see how it is in the morning", then she tried to move and sit up straight, and the tears filled her eyes. "Elle, come on you need to get this looked at, it is swelling pretty fast", "Ok, then let's go, I am so sorry to ruin our night."

By the time we got home from the hospital (yes she sprained her ankle, I knew it, I have done that before many times, so has she probably from playing soccer) it was pretty late, and I am exhausted because I am a bit jet lagged. I can see she is exhausted, so I help to her room, she shyly looks at me "can you please get my pj's for me out of the second drawer of my dresser", "Sure, not a problem", as I head over and find ones she wants, I hand them to her, and again another look of shyness comes across her face. "Let me guess you need help getting changed", "Um, please if you don't mind, I am going to need help with a few things before I go to bed again, but you don't have too I totally understand", "No it is fine, (not like I haven't seen all of you before is racing through my brain)"

After we struggle a little to get her changed and into the bathroom and etc., I put her in her bed ask her if there is anything else she needs before I head out, "No I should be good, thank you Noah for all your help, I am sorry our night ended this way, I really wanted to catch up with you more, and talk about things, and see ifff therrrr isssss. And like that she is out like a light, doc gave her some good pain killers and they just knocked her out.

I went to the living room cleaned up the glass and the stain, but as I was doing this, I kept thinking she can't be her by herself, so I decided to crash on the couch, but first I had to run home to grab some stuff, I find her keys, take a quick peak in on her and she is still out. I lingered in the doorway a little to long, then gave my head a shake and off I went.