The Wedding Date

Elle's POV

The rest of the Christmas season went smoothly. Noah was gearing himself up to start work in about a week or so, depending on when the firm was all coming back from holidays. New Year was just what we all needed; it was all our families together, even Rachels. We all went to the Flynn's, my dad wanted to host New Year's eve at his place, but the Flynn's have a pool and come on it might be January, but it was LA and the pool is heated, who couldn't resist that. We had a blast, even the parents were into the night with us. Though,  every time June would get us alone she'd be asking us when we were going to set a date. "Mom, let me get settled at my job and things start to become normal for us then we will work on it." "Well, don't take too long, you're not getting any younger." I just laughed, I looked at Noah and said "why is she trying to marry you off so fast and the comment not getting any younger, serious if she is talking about kids, I want at least a few years just the two of us." Noah smiled grab my hand and we snuck upstairs to his old room. It still looked the same. His football memorabilia was everywhere, it was like a shrine to Noah Flynn.  "Elle I love you" as he shuts and locks the door behind him, turns the light out. I look up to him, as he takes his hand and brushes the hair out of my face, I could stop thinking this is my world, the world I have always needed, and he is part of it. I giggled that we were acting like teenagers hiding upstairs and making out, and trying to be quiet, but when Noah gets going he gets going and there is no quietness there.

The next thing we knew it was February and the four of us were heading to New York for the weekend thanks to the Flynn's. We had the best time, Noah was settled into his job and loving every minute of it, he would give me little snips of what he was doing, but he couldn't say a lot except he hates slum lords. He likes working for the underdog, he has such a good heart for that, you wouldn't have seen it when he was a teenager always getting into fights. But as he said to me once, he doesn't start things he finishes them. I really think him being a Lawyer was a good move, for that should be his motto. As for me, my job was, well my boss saw what I did with the last game I designed and is on me to do another one for next Christmas. I am all game for that.

We had such a blast in New York just the four of us, two engaged couples. We went to Broadway saw a show there, went to Central Park, saw the Statue of Liberty, went to the Empire State building, Lee wanted to climb it like King Kong, "lord Dude you need help" I said. Rachel laughed "he sure does sometimes." We ate out at some fancy restaurant, Rachel and I felt a little out of place, our families don't have the money to do these things. Though we did a lot of shopping, I tell you I loved Times Square, the shops there were the best. I think the guys got bored of us dragging them in and out of stores, but we were having fun. It was quite cold here, not something I am used to, but shopping made up for that. On the last day there we decided to go down the 9/11 monument, it was so beautiful, and surreal to be standing, we were so little when this happened and to see the area now you would never know what had happened especially if you lived in a bubble I guess, the entire world knew about this.  

Now it was our last night here, and we weren't sure what to do, then Noah suggested this pizza place that he had heard had great reviews, so we were all eager to go.  We got a table and ordered, no fighting over what to order we all liked the same thing, very odd I think.  As we were sitting there waiting Noah leaned over and whispered in my ear, "We should fill them in first on the date, what do you think?" I turn and look at him, he gives me a wink, "Go ahead" he says.  Lee and Rachel at this point are looking at us, "what are you two up to" Lee questions.  "Well, Noah and I have finally settled on a date." "Really when?"  Rachel says with excitement in her voice.  Noah looks at me and gestures to go ahead.  "We are thinking Aug 8th of this year."  "That way your wedding is first and foremost but we will now have a reason every year for us to go on a trip or something and celebrate together,"  Noah says as he looks at Lee trying to reassure him.  Lee jumps up pulls me out of my chair almost trips the waitress behind him, "Oh geez I am sorry" and then hugs me so hard.  "Elle and Noah I have to say this, you to finally doing this after six years of listening to you two, it truly warms my heart." As Lee places his hand on his heart and does his dorky look.  "Lee come sit down so the poor waitress can give us our food.  Plus guys that's great news, I am so glad to hear that."  Rachel says  "Well, though we have some bad news though," Elle says, "Lee I don't want you was my best man, I am asking Rachel to be my matron of honour, and well Noah wants you as his best man. What do you guys think?"  Lee looks at me with a bit of sadness in his eyes "Elle whatever you guys want is good with us, at least I am still part of the wedding party."

We had such a wonderful time in New York but it is time to head home.  We land back in LA pretty late Sunday night, but Noah and I took Monday off because we knew we would be totally bagged.  

As we crawled into bed, I snuggle into him like I do every night, he wraps one arm around me and I lay my head on his chest.  He kisses the top of my head, and as he is drifting off, he says "two down 4 to go."  I faintly smile and mumble your right and we will deal with it tomorrow.

Noah's POV

The next morning I get up and let Elle sleep in, I needed to check my emails anyhow.  Before we had left I had sent out a bunch of emails for Lee's bachelor's party, and I wanted to see who was all coming so that I can make some reservations and get this sorted out.  I was planning this for in April, I mean I had two months, but I need to get the ball rolling.

I notice a few responses, like some guys from his work, a few college friends, and some from High School.  It appeared pretty much everyone was into it.  Now to figure out what to do.  Just as I was making my list, in wandered Elle, "What are you doing at this hour of the morning?" "Shelly, it is like 11 am I have been up for about an hour.  I thought I would let you sleep in and see who responded to the invite to Lee's party."  "Shit, I need to organize Rachel's bachelorette party and the bridal party.  Shit, I totally forgot, oh my brain, I have been in such a love bubble that I completely forgot."  Elle was pacing around the room, I could see this was a problem for her.  I just laughed she does this cute thing when she is in thought, she had her fingers at her mouth and mumbling, I would catch the odd word, but who knows what she was truly saying. I walk over to her place my hands on her shoulders, make her look at me.  "Elle, slow down, I mean I am not doing mine in April and maybe that's when you should do yours." "Ya, but Noah I have two to plan and ..."  She pauses for a moment, "WAIT!!!!"  "Oh lord, what is going on in that pretty little brain of yours?"  "I know what we should do.  Instead of throwing three different parties why don't we do a Jack and Jill and that way to when can get them some money for their honeymoon."  I stood there for a second and gave her a look, "you know what, I love that idea, then we can plan this together.  That way I can spend more time with you."  Elle jumped into my arms and kissed me frantically all over my face. They finally landed on my lips, which let's get real, sparked a little fire in my groin.  As she keeps kissing me I walk down the hall to our room and lay her on the bed.

A few hours later, we pulled ourselves together and headed to Elle's Dad's place.   We filled him in on our date, he was happy for us, though looked a little rattled, I think it is that he just realized that his little girl is really getting married.  We hugged him and off we went to our next destination, which was my parents, I know this is going to go well.  As we pulled up to the house, all of a sudden I started to get nervous. Elle looked at me, grabbed my hands, and looked into my eyes, "Noah, this is going to be fine, your parents are awesome, plus they love me so you got that going for you." She pokes me and laughs.  "I am one of her favourite people, I am like a daughter to her, we are just going to make it official now."  He takes my hand once out of the car, and walks up to the house, June opens the door.  We gave her a big hug, "Mom, where is D, we need to talk to you guys."  He is out on the deck reading, I will meet you guys there in a minute."  Once out on the deck, mom follows with drinks for all of us, "So what did you need to talk us about?" Noah's Dad says.  Noah's looks at me kind of shy then looks at the floor, takes my hands in his, turns to his parents, and just as he was about to say something, Noah's mom pipes in "you guys have finally set a date?"  Noah has a big smile on his face, "Yes mom we have a date, it is Aug 8th."  They both congradulated us, gave big hugs and kisses.  It was perfect.