Dinner and a surprise visit

The week was pretty normal for us, Elle was busy trying to get the new project off the ground before she goes on maternity leave.  We had been talking about her being a stay at home mom, but she has worked so hard to get where she is, I can't take that away from her.  On a positive note, my business is starting to get a bit busier.  I had a meeting with the Firm today,  they just wanted to check in on how things are going.  They informed me that they have two more clients they want me to look after.  This is good news, eventually, we will be able to survive off my pay, and I can give my family everything they deserve.

Friday night finally is here.  When I arrive home, Elle beat me, she was in the kitchen organizing the appetizers, and marinating the meat.  I came in kissed her and did my bump rub, then headed off to the shower, everyone was to show around 630, which gave us plenty of time to get ready.  Elle comes into the bedroom, sits on the side of the bed as I am just finishing in the shower. "Noah, are we sure we should be doing this, I mean it is Marco coming to our house.  Do you truly think you can handle this?"  "I have been rolling that around in mind all week." as I wrap my towel around me and go sit by Elle.  "I mean maybe things have changed in 1 year. I know I have, I am not that same guy, I promise you no matter how much he tries to get under my skin, I will be a good boy.  PROMISE!, plus when we last saw him it ended good, so who knows."  Elle leans her head on my shoulder, I wrap my arm around her and pull her in close, "Elle I am no angel but for you and our bump I will do anything."  I pull her chin up to look me in the eyes, I can see some dampness there.  "Elle, why are you crying?"  "Everything lately makes me so emotional.  Sorry, I try to control it, but then I look like this."  Pointing to her eyes.  I laugh "You are so darn cute, I love you so much." I press my lips to hers, she tastes so good, her lips are so soft, hopefully, this will help her little blue moment go away.  

It is now 6 and the company should be coming anytime.  I head out onto the deck, make sure that we have enough fuel for a bbq, and wipe the table and chairs down, put wood in the fire pit.  Elle standing there watching me, she looks just perfect in the sundress she is wearing.  Just shows off her bump enough.  We head to the kitchen place the snacks on the table, we are trying to be as organized as possible when we hear the doorbell.  "Shit, it's them,"  Elle says with nervousness in her voice.  "How do you know that, it could be Lee and Rachel."  Then I realized what a stupid thought that was, they just do a quick knock and walk-in.  Damn it must be them.  We both approach the door, I open it and there they are.  These two are at our home, holy crap I try really hard to be polite, hug Chloe, shake Marco's hand and invite them in.  Some small talk is had as we make our way to the deck.  Chloe comments on how sweet our home is, "It is just lovely, this is the kind of place we are looking for, right now we are in an apartment." "We really like it, we are looking to buy a home in the near future, but not just yet, it is hard because we really love this place." Elle and Marco are just following us not say anything.  I mean Marco isn't totally awful, but it has to be bringing back memories for her.

As I am getting the food cooking, Lee and Marco and chatting up a storm, and the ladies are in the kitchen talking baby talk probably.  I wonder to myself if Chloes remembers the things she said at the Jack and Jill.  I mean she was pretty drunk, so hopefully not.  I want to put that all behind us, we are full-grown adults now, married and families on the way.  What more could you ask for in life.

Elle's POV

Chloe is telling us all the little things that are going to happen and not to worry you will make it through.  I laugh a little, but there is still a piece of me that wants to clear the air over what really happened between her and Noah, I mean I get she tried to throw herself at him and he did not catch her at all.  Which I do feel happened, but what had she done.  Rachel heads out to Lee, I decided to show Chloe the babies room.  "My god girl, this is super sweet, I love it.  Do you guys know yet what you're having?"  Chloe says.  "No, we want it to be a surprise."  "I love the room, it is perfect."  "Thanks, Noah painted and I decorated with Rachels guidance of course." She was looking at a picture of Noah and I that we had put on the baby's dresser, "You guys look so happy and truly in love, you can just see it."  "Chloe! You have Marco and you are about to have a baby any day with him, you guys look really happy together."  "We are on the most part, but I miss a lot of my friends in New York, and Noah."  "Well, we are here anytime."  "I know I just want what you to have."  "I thought you did with Marco."  "We love each other and all and he makes me feel beautiful all the time, but..." She stops herself from saying something.  "But what I ask?"  Just then Noah comes in, "Dinner is ready ladies."  Chloe heads out first, but not after slightly brushing herself against Noah.  Trying to be subtle about it, like it is the baby's fault.  I noticed and I would say Noah noticed, because he sucked in and pushed his back right against the hall wall, even went up on his tippy toes to avoid her.

Noah and I stop in the kitchen to grab a few things, "What was that all about" I say to him in a whisper."  "I have no idea, that woman has gotten crazier as the years have gone on." "She was trying to say something to me about her and Marco and I am thinking you but stopped herself from saying it."  "Well let's just stick together and not let each one be alone with them." "I agree."  Out on the deck, everyone is getting along.  We all get our food to sit down and just talk, it actually felt good.  Our lives have changed so much in the last 7 years, we are a group of friends just hanging out and enjoying each others company.  At one point Chloe asked where the bathroom is and I explain it is right by the baby's room.  We have one in our room, but that is ours. I laugh in my head, why, I have no idea.  Noah cleans up the dishes and takes them inside, Lee and Marco go get the bonfire going, and Rachel and I get caught up on life.  I didn't even think Noah is alone in the house with her.

Noah's POV

As I was cleaning the kitchen, I hear someone come in, then grab my ass, I spin around to grab Elle or at least I thought it was Elle, but to my surprise it was Chloe.  "What are you doing?" "Just being playful with my friend. You never minded before."  "Chloe you need to stop." She is cornering me in the kitchen, no one can see or hear us, which I wish someone walk in right now, anyone would be great.  "I just want a hug from my old friend, is that too much to ask for." Didn't I give her a hug already?  So I hesitantly give her a hug, she pushes into me, I think because of the enormous belly she has, but I am fearing the worst.  As she has me pinned in the corner, she takes her hands, rubs them up to my chest. "Don't you remember that night, it meant so much to me."  "What are you talking about?" I place my hands on her shoulder and push her to an arm's length.  "After that last big game you guys won, we went to the bar had a few drinks we all ended up in your room, then the guys left and it was just us." "Ya, you passed out on my bed, I had to go sleep in the common room on the couch." "ya but before that, you, me on your bed, rolling around." "I have no idea what you are talking about, are you sure it was me, I mean I don't drink a lot and back then I tried really hard not to."  "Yes, we were making out, you even felt me up." "Chloe, it was not me, I swear."  I saw Elle out of the corner of my eye, she was by the kitchen table watching and listening to what was going on.  

After a bit more debate on what she remembers and what possibly happened, she backed off.  Then she got this look in her eyes, something wasn't right.  Marco walked in saw Chloe leaning over the counter, me rubbing her back and very close to her.  I don't think he saw Elle, he stormed into the kitchen pushed me to the fridge, "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!!" Elle came in quickly, pushed Marco back, "get your hands off of him, Chloe was the one hitting on him." Oh my strong little lady, wow she doesn't take anything from anyone anymore.  "I think you might want to tend to her, I think she just went into labour."  At this point everyone was in the kitchen pretty much, Chloe was yelling at Marco about the pain. Marco started to panic, I better get her to the hospital, as they rushed out the door, Marco yelled back, thanks for a great evening.  "I hope we never see them again."Noah comes up behind me, wraps his arms around my shoulders, "I am with you on that. I am sorry she behaved like that, I still have no idea what she was talking about." I turn to face Noah, place my hand on his face, "I believe you, I know you are not that type of guy.  So whoever it was or if it was just in her head, I am glad they are gone.  They can go have their baby, leave us alone and we can just forget this evening happened.  Rachel and Lee were stunned by all the events of the evening.  "Elle you sure know how to have a bbq. I mean if it was to be a dinner and a show I would have dressed nicer."  Lee was laughing at his own dumb joke.  Rachel just stood there and shook her head, "See this is what I get to live with."