The Reality of Love PT 2

Elle's POV

I sat on the deck waiting for Noah to show, I didn't even get to answer, he hung up so fast. About an hour later I heard his car pull into the driveway, he didn't come on his bike. Weird. I hear the door slam, and he yells out my name "SHELLY WHERE ARE YOU, YOU HERE?"

I sat for a minute, thought let him stew a little.

"I know you're here your bike is in the driveway. Come on, where are you?" I yell from the deck, "I am out here." He comes rushing out, walks quickly over to me, grabs my arm to pull me out of the chair, I pull my arm back with a snap. "Elle please I am so sorry, I have to talk to you, explain what is going. I hate you thinking the wrong things, but I haven't been clear with you over anything." I look up at him "really you don't think you have been clear, you've been downright rude and mean to me for the past few weeks. Do you realise how long it has been since we talked, kissed or even made love?" "I do, unfortunately."  He pulled one of the deck chairs to be in front of me.  I can see the look in his eyes and on his face, he kept looking at the floor and then at me, but not saying anything.  "Noah" I reach out, put my hands on his knees, "Look whatever is going on please be honest with me.  We have to have honesty, no secrets, there was way too many of that years ago and look where it got us.  I mean ultimately here, but we could have been here years ago."  He placed his hands on mine, looked at me and smiled.  "Elle I will tell you everything, I promise."

Noah's POV

When I arrived home finally to try to talk to Elle about everything she wasn't there.  I looked around and no note no nothing.  I look through my phone to see if she sent me a message but nothing, I thought maybe she went to Lee and Rachels and she will be home later, so I head to bed I am so damn tired.  The next morning I realised Elle never came home last night. I can't believe it took me until Saturday to realize she was gone.  I am disappointed in myself.  Why would I do this to her, but I have to find her and explain, and share the good news.

Once I found her, I just bolted out the door and straight to her.  I really hope she can forgive me. I arrive at the beach house run in looking for her, but no answer.  I stop for a split second thinking I have destroyed this, I have hurt her all over again, what is wrong with you Noah, I think to myself.  Then I hear her, I rush to the deck and when I grab her arm to pull her to me and hug her, she pulls back, shit now you have done it, Noah.

As I sit in front of her, I am so nervous, I just don't know where to begin.  "Elle, please just listen to me, I will try to explain this to you the best I can, and please remember there are things I cannot tell you, not because I don't want to, because legally I can't."  "I am aware, please go on."  "Just after Lee and Rachels wedding, I was given a case.  This case was a bit of a challenge for me to say the least.  I will say back to good old slumlords." "Ok, I realise you really like to do work for the underdog, I know it is your passion, so go on." "I guess I started to take it personally, I put it too close to my heart.  I was starting to feel for my clients and I was fighting like it was me in their situation.  I mean I am not to do that, but I was bringing it everywhere with me, especially at home.  I should have just explained to you what was going on." "Yes, you should have, I would have understood, especially if it was tearing at you that much."  "I guess I was trying so hard to prove to the firm that I can do this, I didn't even see it happening. I have been in and out of court the last few weeks and it has been heartbreaking." "I hear ya, it's all good"  Elle leans over and kisses my cheek, "I am always here for you."  

I continued to explain as much as I could, and apologizing endlessly to Elle, she did not deserve my behaviour.  "So, I have one more thing to tell you, Shelly."  She looks at me, that sweet look she gives, her eyes so bright, her skin looked so soft and tender, I just wanted to grab her and let everything go.  "So, one of the partners in the firm brought me into his office today.  Told me they have seen me, and all the hard work I am doing, the dedication I was having to the case.  He did however say, I am still new and need to work on prioritizing myself.  But that was followed by, all the partners had a meeting about a few of us new guys, and because of the hard work I have been doing, and plus as a bonus brought in a few new clients.  They have offered me my dream, to run my own firm.  It is a bit confusing for I will still be working for them for a bit, but they will set me up in my own office with my own secretary, I will have the works."  I sit there for a second waiting for Elle to respond, she just keeps blinking, in I think disbelief, I am not sure.  "Elle, what do you think, I didn't give them an answer I told them I need to talk to you about this."  "Well Noah, what can be said, you have probably made up your mind and you seem so happy about it, plus it sounds like you deserve it."  I froze in my spot, it sounds like she is still upset and she has the right to that.  I ran my hand through my hair as I leaned back in my chair, actually afraid I have ruined this, I have ruined everything again.

Elle reaches for my hand cups it between her two and looks into my eyes as she says "Noah, I am happy for you.  This is a decision you need to make on your own, but I will support you whichever you decide.  We are into this together." I pull her up out of her chair throw my arms around her, then kiss her so hard. I have missed her so much.  She jumps into my arms, throws her legs around me and I carry her to our room, as she is nuzzling on my neck.  To feel her body next to mine again, felt perfect.  Once we made it to the room I laid her on the bed and laid above her kissing her, we needed this, this made all the stress and regret I had disappeared.  "Shelly I love you so much" I whispered to her.  "Noah, I have missed you and will love you forever."  The rest of the day we made love, then got up had dinner went for a walk, then back to bed and continued where we had left off.

Elle's POV

I wake up and it was about 10 pm and I thought I better text Lee and let him know I am ok, he has been trying all day to get a hold of me, but I had more important things going on.  Noah was sound to sleep, he must be exhausted.  I go out onto the deck, it is so peaceful out here at night, the moon glowing off the water, the soft breeze blowing through.

"Hey Lee, you still up?"

                     "Ya, where are you guys, I saw Noah's car late last night now it is gone, and your bike is gone."

"Long story, but to sum it up all good, we are at the beach house."

                      "Ok Cool just wanted to make sure all was good."

"All good.  Hey, what are you guys up to tomorrow for dinner?"

                       "Nothing that I know of, let me check if Rachel has anything planned for us."

                       "No plans, what's up?"

"Do you guys want to come to the beach house for a bbq?"

                       "Rachel says HELL YES!!!!, Her week has been crazy, needs a break, plus we haven't seen you guys in a while, so it is safe to say we will be there."

"Perfect, come whenever just not too early ok?"

                        "Why you aren't doing anything I wouldn't do are you? LMAO"

"No, see you later, I need to get to bed, I am tired."

                          "NIght see you tomorrow."

I just sat there for a bit enjoying the sounds of the waves hitting the shore, that is such a relaxing sound.  Just then I feel Noah come up behind me, place his hands on my shoulders.  "This is where you disappeared too."  "Ya, I couldn't sleep, and didn't want to bother you, so thought come out here, text Lee, oh ya they are coming up tomorrow if that is ok?" "Ya that's fine, but maybe we should finish what was started."  "Finish? Mr Flynn, I think we finished a little while back."  "Ok then continue?"  I laughed as he came around to the front of me, kneeled on the floor put his head in my lap. "This is my safe space."  I ran my fingers through his hair, laid my head back on the chair and closed my eyes, taking in all the sounds, and enjoying feeling Noah again. "Shelly,"  he says to me in a whisper, and a bit of a moan, I feel his hand sliding up my legs then to my thighs, he pulls himself up to my lips wiggling his body between my legs, he kisses me while pressing his body to mine.  His hand so soft and gentle but meaningful, slide up my back under my top, then he brings one hand around to my breast, cups it, and then starts playing with my nipple as he kisses me all the way down my neck to the top of my chest.  "Noah", I say his name in a moaning sound, we probably should take this to the bed.  He looks at me and just laughs as he pulls me off the chair to the ground, and well just there on the deck out in the moonlight he made love to me again and again.  Finally, we made it to bed, and boy did we sleep.

The next day was awesome, Noah didn't worry about work once, Lee and Rachel came, we for a walk, and a swim, then had a great Bbq, it was just what we needed.  We even all decided to spend one more night, just the four of us, this is life, a great man, my best friend, what more could a girl ask for.