Our Wedding day

Elle'sPOV

The last few weeks flew by.  We had so many things going on, Noah accepted the offer, now his Mom is on the hunt for a small office for him.  I went a got a dress.  My Dad paid for it, he didn't have to, but Linda made him, told him this is your daughter, she will only do this once in her life(hopefully).  I didn't go with anything too crazy, we are getting married on the beach, so lite and flowing this was all I wanted.  I knew my dad couldn't afford a lot, considering he was trying his hardest to help pay for half of the wedding.  But Mr and Mrs Flynn kept telling him not to worry, which made my dad do it more.  Yes, they could afford it,  he just didn't feel right about it.  June told him one day, Elle is like a daughter to her, so this is for her and I am doing this for her mom, my best friend.

My Dad called me about a week before the wedding, asked if he could stop by.  "Of course you can." When he arrived he had a box with him.  We sat in the living room, he explains in between tears, that when your mom was sick she had done a few little things for you guys, mostly you because you are the girl and at that her little girl.  He hands me this box and says open it.  I sit there for a minute with this box on my lap not sure what to do, I look down and there is a card on it.  I open it and read

My dearest Elle,

I am sorry I am not here for your big day, but I bet you look beautiful.  I hope (NOAH) treats you the same way your dad treated me.  Your a such a ray of sunshine, do not let anyone cloud that.  I may not be there in person, but I will be there walking down the aisle with you.  

Always remember to smile even through the hard times, because it will make them feel less important and you won't really remember how it all happened.

I have left this for you in hopes that you will love it as much as I did.

Bless my girl

Love Mom

xoxoxoxoxo

I sat there, tears streaming down my face.  My dad came to sit beside me, I undid the ribbon and pulled open the lid.  OMG, it was my mom's veil.  I use to see it in their wedding pictures and wish I could use the veil one day, but my dad had told me he had no idea where it went to, guess we both found it.  It was perfect, it went all the way to the ground, and sparkles all through it, there was a special comb with crystals on it that go with the veil.  I just cried, it was all I could do, my dad put his arm around me and was crying too.  This is the best gift anyone could have given me.

After my dad left, I just sat there staring at the veil, lightly running it through my fingers.  I was in awe and just didn't know what to do.  Noah came into the room, "was your dad here, just saw his car pass me just before I pulled in."  "Ya, look what he brought me.  It was my mom's veil."  "Oh Shelly, that is beautiful,  and knowing you, you must have cried."  "I did and she even wrote me a letter."  I handed it to Noah for him to read.  After he read he asked me  a question, "Hey Elle, question why did she say hope Noah treats you..."  I sat there with a smile on my face, I guess I can tell you now.  When mom was sick and I'd go to see her, I guess I use to talk about you all the time." "Ummm we weren't even a thing(as he smirks at me with his dimple smile), plus excuse me miss but how long have you been in love with me." He reaches over a tickles me a little.  I look at him with the sweetest smile I could give, "Since probably about 14 that's when I really started to notice you. You had a body."  "Shelly, you're going to make me blush.  But you still didn't answer why she said that especially about your wedding day."  I look down at the floor, kind of turn my head a little and give a little bat of the eyelashes, "cause I told her one day I was going to marry you." Noah reached over to me, gave me a big kiss and laughed. "You what is weird is I even went to see your mom a few times in the hospital, and oddly enough now that makes sense when she would say to be Please take care of her and don't hurt her.  Listen to her with your heart, she will teach you things. I never really understood why she said that to me. mind blowing.   Then I even told my mom the same thing right before I left for college though."