Our Love

Elle's POV

The next few days were really good, Noah and I had fallen together perfectly, everything I wanted was just the way I imaged it would be with him. We took turns cooking, he helped me shower (wink, wink), we even just slept in the same bed now. But Sunday was fast approaching, and we knew back to trying to do this long distant thing. Both of us were a little nervous about it, but unfortunately we had to face it, and do it if we truly want this relationship to continue.

As a final farewell dinner, we decided we needed to talk to the family about what was going on, we had lived in our own little bubble for the past week. I am sure his mom had an idea, and well same with Lee. But it was my dad I was worried about. He understood why Noah broke up with me, even before I understood, but he was still upset that Noah never spoke to him about it, even the numerous times he had seen him at family get togethers, Noah never said anything.

I called Mrs. Flynn to ask if we could do the dinner at her place, and of course she had no issue, my place was just too small to have that many people in it at once. I yelled down the hall to him "Noah, it is all set with you mom, we can do the dinner there", "Told you Shelly my mom wouldn't care, she loves that sort of stuff." Then Noah came into the living room, "I have to talk to you about something, it isn't that I am hiding anything from you, I just had to make sure all was signed deal before we got our hopes up." "Oh, ok" I had a puzzled look on my face. "Well, you know I have those two job offers, and I really like the one more, well before I left Boston last week I had given them my notice and accepted the other, but I wanted to make sure the contract was a signed deal just in case anything happened.", "Noah, wherever you go I will be there, I told you that. My job will allow me to work wherever." "it's ok Shelly, it is all solved, no relocations, well except for me, I will be moving back here to LA. I accepted their offer, because it suits me perfectly, plus you are here and so is my family." I rush over to him, hug him so hard, it was just what I wanted in hearts of hearts. "Noah, (as I back up a little to look up at him) are you sure this is what you want. I don't want it to be just because of us, I want this to be your calling." As Noah looked down at me, he did his sweet little smile that just melted my heart. "Shelly, I love you so much, you make me a better person." He leaned down and kissed my forehead, "this job is the best for me, as I explained I really want to open my own firm, and this company helps young Lawyers get going and that was the major weighing factor for me. You were just a bonus to the deal." He says it so cheeky like, I slap in the arm, then he grabs me and kisses me.

That evening we headed to the Flynn's for dinner, June would not let us do any of the cooking, she sorted it all out for us, contacted everyone as well to organize times. As we drove up to the house, it felt so surreal to be here. I can't remember the last time I was here. I was usually at Lee's or my dad's, June and I would meet for lunch once a month to get caught up on things, but I haven't been here in so long.

As we walk in Noah grabs my hand, I was still a little unstable, but I wasn't using the crutches anymore. I see everyone on the deck chatting away, we go down the stairs slow, looking at everyone soaking it in. The amount of love our families have for one another is truly a blessing. Lee looks up and see us, he walks over to me give me a big hug, "Sorry I haven't come by this week it has been so crazy at work, and Noah so glad to see you and Elle together." He hugs his brother.

Lee being Lee starts to razz Noah a bit. "So, I heard you tripped her actually that's how she hurt her ankle, what did I say to you, you better not of hurt her." Noah laughs at him, gives a punch in the arm, Lee winces a little. "Dude, you know how much of a klutz I can be, and that damn carpet, I keep forgetting to tape it down in the spot." I say as we make our way on the deck. Everyone is enjoying themselves; all the hugs are given and handshakes.

We girls drift to one side and start talking wedding stuff, while the guys talk guys stuff. Next thing I know, Noah and my dad stepped to the side, I can see they are in deep conversation, Noah was getting uncomfortable I could see by the way he keeps running his hands through his hair and looking at the floor. I decided I should venture over and make sure everything is ok. "How are my two favorite men doing?" trying to act like nothing. "We are good, right Noah?" I look at Noah who seems ok, but I feel something but couldn't put my finger on it. "Ya, Elle all is good here." What I didn't know and found out later, is my dad had told him he was proud of him for changing his life around, and if he is truly going to love his daughter he better make sure his past stays in the past. "Elle had a really hard time getting over you and I want you to understand, I get why you did what you did, but to me you looked like that teenager screwing with my daughters heart. I didn't interfere in your guys relationship when you were younger, but your older now and this is now an important point in your lives, so do not mess with her, be honest and love her until the day she dies." Noah looks at Mr. Evans, "you have my word, she is such an important person to me, I have tried over the years to get on without her, and maybe I really needed it to because I got here without her, and this proved to myself I can do anything I set my mind to, as Elle said once to me "because your Noah Flynn you can do anything." Those words has stayed with me all this time. I love her and I promise you and everyone here that she is my first priority and will always be."

By nights end and one fantastic meal later, I was getting a little sore and tried. Plus, this is my last night with Noah for a few weeks (I think) and I really want to be alone with him. We talked a little on the drive home, he told me he talked to his parents about this move, and they are so happy for him, and they agree he made the right choice. We talked a little about Lee and Rachels wedding, which was just around the corner, it is going to be here in a blink of an eye even knowing it isn't until May. I go quiet and look at the window lost in my own thoughts. We have two months to do this long distant thing, for Noah isn't coming home until the middle of December which I guess is good, I just wish it was now. I know I will survive (I hope).

As we arrive at my place Noah helps me up the stairs, again I am still a little sore. When we walk in we both head to the couch and plop down. "That was a good night, interesting but good" Noah says, "I know right, who would have thought that everything went better then I expected, plus it was so much fun to be around everyone." "It was good Shelly, god how I love you." I blushed, "aw Noah, you are the love my life" I leaned in and gave him a big kiss, which well to say the least started it, so off to bed we head, had another amazing night of love making. Then we both woke at the same time on Sunday.

I stretched and then rolled over cuddled into Noah, laid my head on his chest. We just laid there for a bit, not saying anything, he was sweeping his finger softly up and down my arm, I felt so safe with him here. "Elle, this is what I have always pictured our lives together would be, and the past six years I never thought it would be true. I honestly had given up hope on us, I wasn't going to stop trying but I had to be real with myself and accept my fate, but here we are." He kissed the top of my head, pulled me closer to him, "I never want to leave this spot." He whispered in my ear.

I finally pull myself out of bed, head to get ready for the day, Noah wanders off to the kitchen. We had such a routine it was weird to say the least. Could you believe that darn kissing booth did it again, brought us together once more. The day was quiet for us, we cuddle watched movies, went for a little walk (I couldn't go far but did it). Next thing I knew it was time for him to go, he doesn't want me to take him to the airport, he said his mom is going to take him plus he needs to take his bike home. So, there we stood at the door, tears in both our eyes, having to say goodbye, but not forever, though it sure hurts just the same, but different somehow. "Shelly, I will be back in two weeks, and you can come to Boston too, we will do this, I want to do this. Its only for two months we can do it." "I know Noah, and yes we can do this, we are in a different place now, older, wiser, more mature, we are adults we can do this. I will miss you." I stepped on my tippy toes as much as I could, wrapped my arms around his neck gave him one last kiss goodbye. He then picked me up, I wrapped my legs around his waist, "Elle I love you" he whispers, pushes me against the door and kisses me like he never wants me to forget him. I step to the floor out of breath, he gives me my favorite smile, touches my face one last time and then he is gone.

The next few months are going to be torture, I say to myself as I close the door, and hobble over the couch. Just then I get a text message, I look down and it is Noah

I miss you already.

This huge smile comes across my face, my heart does a flip, I text back

Me too.