Time flying by

At my next appointment, Noah was coming with me, we get to hear the babies heartbeat, I am so excited.  We are at the 4-month mark, I am starting to feel weird things in my tummy, I have even popped a little, there is definitely a baby bump now.  

I never did tell Noah I saw Chloe at my last appointment, I don't know why I just didn't think it was important.  I mean she could have been there for a number of things, though what seems still so weird in my mind is why is she in town.  I thought she and Marco (if they are still together) lived in New York. 

Noah's POV

My girl looks amazing, every day I see her and hadn't really noticed the bump, until the other day when she got out of the shower and dropped her towel to get dressed, I had a side view of her, there is the bump, that is my baby in there, I can't wait to meet him or her.  I honestly don't care if it is a boy or a girl, this baby will be the best of both of us, some sugar and spice, with a dash of snails and puppy dog tails.  Wow, that was a corny thought. I laugh at myself.

Tomorrow Elle has her appointment, I can't wait.  The doc said she could have an ultrasound to find out the sex, but with much debate, we are going to wait to find out the sex.  I do want to wait, but I do understand Elle's point, that there are so few surprises in life and this one is worth the wait.  I can't believe we are at 4 months, we got the babies room all done, I spent all weekend painting it and building furniture. Elle hung pictures, put things in drawers from the trunk and other things that we have been slowly getting.  How could this woman be any more beautiful, just looking at the glow on her, I feel so damn lucky to have her. As I stare at her from the couch watching her making dinner.  

I can't handle it anymore, I get up, cross the room to the kitchen, slide in behind her, wrap my arms around her waist.  I rubbed the baby, Elle sighed at how good it felt.  She turned around put her arms around my neck and planted a big kiss on me.  "Dinner is going to take about an hour, is there anything we can do in this time?"  as she is rubbing her breast (which have gotten bigger I might add) on my chest, bringing one hand between us and down my leg then brushes slowly over my manhood.  I immediately felt him perk up, this needs to be taken to the bedroom and now.  I scoop her up, legs wrapped around me, kissing her neck and trying not to walk into walls. I lay her on the bed and make love to her for the next hour.  

The next day we head to the doctor's office, as we are sitting in the waiting room for our appointment, I look up and WTF there is Chloe.  I mean I think it is, I would recognize that hair anywhere.  The colour, the curls, it is unmistakably her.  "Chloe?"  Elle looks up from her magazine, and the look on her face when Chloe turns around even shocked me.  She was pregnant and I mean really pregnant.  The last time I saw her or even spoke to her was Lee's Jack and Jill.  She was so drunk then.  "Noah, Elle, OMG how are you guys?" I stand up and go to hug her, but something in me stops me, I am just floored to see her here in LA and pregnant. Elle gets up and walks in front of me, making her tummy protrude a bit, "Wow your pregnant, how far along are you Chloe?"  " Due any time." I interject, "Where's the dad?"  "He is at work, couldn't be here for this appointment.  Marco has been so busy with his new job that with the last month of appointments every other day it seems, I told him he didn't need to be here for them all.  Why are you guys here?"  "We are pregnant due in August.  Got married last August." "Well, congrats to you two.  You both deserve each other."  Deserve each other, what does that mean, I think in my head. "You are Marco are still together?" Elle asks, "Ya, just moved to LA for his job and setting up the house now for the three of us."  The nurse calls us in, I don't think either one of us heard her right away, we were too in shock from this encounter.  "Elle, I think it is our turn."  "Call us maybe we will get together." Elle's says to Chloe, "Sounds like a plan, I should let you get going, congrats on the wedding and baby to come." 

Once in the room, the doc does his routine appointment check-up, then he says "you ready to hear the babies heartbeat?"  I hold Elle's hand give it a little squeeze, as we listen, it takes a bit, then finally hear the heartbeat.  "Strong and steady," says the doc.  Have you guys decided if you want to know the gender or are you waiting?  Both of us had said we want it as a surprise, but being here this piece of you is thinking, it is so close, why not.  Elle gives my hand a hard squeeze probably knowing what I am thinking. "No, we are going to wait"  After leaving the office, we both sit in the car for a few minutes trying to wrap our heads around what had just happened.  I mean seeing Chloe.  "Noah, what are your thoughts?  I know I am stunned by  this, I had seen her last month, or at least I thought I did but was sure, didn't stop to talk to her, so who knows." "My thoughts, I am not sure what to think.  I mean if they are happy, and it sounds like it, maybe we can do dinner with them.  I mean I would prefer not to see Marco, but we have to grow up and stop living in the past right."

After work the next day, I am sitting out on the deck after dinner, enjoying the cool breeze, Elle is taking a bath.  I get a text

"Hey, stranger.  I was talking to Marco, when do you guys want to get together for dinner?"

I jump up to head to the bathroom, as I walk in there is Elle all covered in bubbles, except for her little bump, I sit on the toilet to talk to her, which is not unusual for us.  "your not going to believe this, I just got a text from Chloe."  As she sits straight up "What did she say?"  "They are available for dinner.  How do I respond to this, I am not sure what to say, I think I was really hoping they'd say they can't meet up with us." While looking at Elle, she could see I had the look of anger and fear and total surprise on my face.  "Um let me think, how could we get out of it.  I know why don't we invite them her on our turf for a bbq, and we will invite Lee and Rachel as a buffer." "You think we should involve Lee in this I mean I guess, I just feel so out of sorts on this."  "it will be fine, we can do this, now can you hand me a towel, and then text her our idea."  I text Chloe and they are into that so we set the date for Friday.  Elle is a little evil sometimes, mostly because of what she said next, "Maybe she will go into labour and not be able to come."  I laugh at her as I help her out of the tub and wrap the towel and my arms around her, then kiss the top of her head.