Our Place

Noah's POV

Time is actually flying bye; I can't believe it is close to the end of November and in a few short weeks I will be back in LA. I have flown into LA a few times, not as much as I would like to have, but we had a big case to deal with and I need to close it before I was gone for good. Elle managed to come out for a week as a surprise to me. Her company is preparing to do the launch of there new game Dec 1 just in time for Christmas and she was here to do a demo meet and greet at some comic convention. (No idea over my head) It was awesome to see her on my turf, I took to all kinds of places showed her off to my fellow co-workers. Showed her my place, well actually she stayed at my place, at least it made going home less miserable, I wanted to go home and see her. It was perfect week, it sort of gave me a glimpse of what it is going to be like back home, us living together, going to work coming home to each other ever night. It felt so natural. I had started packing things I didn't need, sent a few home to my parents place, trying to lessen the load of things to bring back, I think though I am going to hire a moving truck to bring it me.

I pick up Elle for dinner I take her to my favorite restaurant, it is just a small hole in the wall, but amazing Italian food. As we get seated I say to Elle "so how has your week been, have you been enjoying yourself, and what you think of this little place?" "This has been a great week, and I love the atmosphere here" As we sit at our table, I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn to see who it is and OMG it is Chloe. I haven't seen her in about a year, she went off got married and has been living in Europe somewhere. I stand up "Hey stranger" as I hug her. "What brings you here", "Well it's a long story that doesn't end well, I am in the process of getting a divorce, hubby ended up being one hell of an ass hat." Though I am just here on business I actually live in New York now." I shook my head and hugged her again. This time I could feel eyes burning a whole through my back. "Oh, shit Elle you remember Chloe?" "Ya I do, I'd ask how things are, but I heard, sorry to hear all that." "Omg Noah, when did or are you to back together?" "Ya, Elle is in town on business, and I am moving to LA in a couple of weeks to work for a new firm." "That is amazing, you guys always made such a perfect couple" "Thanks it was a long journey back to one another, but we made it."

Chloe sat with us for a bit, she was on her own, we heard all about her job and living in New York, and her new boyfriend, whom she sounds crazy about. She works for an advertising company, and she meet her man when they were auditioning singer for a new ad they were promoting. She giggled "though I had meet him before, so it was not too awkward." "Well, I must be going, I head back to New York tomorrow. It was so good to see you two and get caught up." Then she was off. Elle laughed "Caught up I don't think we said a word, she just went on and on all about her." "I know right, that is why her and I drifted apart, she was very self absorbed." "She reminds me of the OMG girls in high school, but all wrapped into one." "Wow how were you friends with her, she doesn't seem your type." "She was good to me in the beginning, she really brought me out of my shell the first year, then after us, she tried hitting on me and I couldn't wrap my head around it, and she was all about her, and her problems, and her this and her that, lord just couldn't take it anymore.

"Shelly, there is a reason I brought you here, we need to talk about me moving to LA. I don't want to rush this, and I am fine with what ever you decision is. I was wondering if you want to move in together, we can live at your apartment or get our own place it is up to you." I say while fidgeting with my knife sliding it between my fingers, I am so nervous. Shelly looks at me with those beautiful eyes, her skin so soft and supple almost that teenager I fell in love with years ago. "Well now that you mention it, I have been thinking about it too. I was talking to Lee about it the other day, trying to get his feel for it. Like were we going to fast or not fast enough, I just wanted to bounce it off someone to see if I should bring it up with you." She chuckles at how we think a like. "I do want to live with you, and I have been looking around, kind of a place that is between both our offices and but still close to Lee and Rachel and our families, but I just didn't know from you side what you wanted to do." I sat there and stared at her for a moment, I have been picturing us living together for years. "Well, this is perfect. I am glad we are on the same page, next question house or apartment?" "Strange you ask I was thinking house, not to big maybe three bedrooms, in case we need the extra space for anything." I stop her "Elle is there something you're not telling me." I must have sounded frantic for she piped in "NO, no nothing like that dear lord not yet, but maybe one day." She tilts her head to her shoulder and gives me a little look. "You know we have never discussed having kids, I mean I want to have kids 2 preferably and you, what do you want?" "Same I want kids and 2 would be just the number for us."

So, by nights end, we were moving in together and having two kids, but we haven't talked about marriage yet and that is fine for I have a surprise for her soon and something that I planned a long time ago.

It was time for Elle to head home, and I will be there in a few short weeks permanently. She tells me as soon as she gets home she will set up some house tours for the follow weekend I am in town, and we will view them together. This all so just right for me, I could be happier, my whole life is going as planned now. It took it long enough but at least it is with the woman I love.