1 year later and counting

Noah's POV

I can't believe a whole year has gone by, and things are going perfect.  I mean ya there have been the normal ups and downs, but not in bad ways.  Just life things.  JJ and Jared are turning one today and of course, my mom has a big party planned for them.  We are heading to their house like usual, I first have to get JJ ready.  Elle had started back to work, just two days a week.  Mom and Linda take turns babysitting her.  JJ is a little spitfire, just like her mom, cheeky and very sneaky, can be a little devil sometimes, but those bright blues and the little smile the same as Elle's just melts me.  She started walking at 10 months and boy can this girl go, trying to get her dressed into the outfit Elle pick out, had its challenges, first give her a bath, both soaked at the end of that, then get her dried off as she giggles and takes off down the hall naked.  This kid I tell ya, she knows how to get daddy going and I love every minute of it.  I finally get her dressed, and all organized and now she wants to go out in the yard and wait for mommy to come home, but I fear the worst with this kid she will come in a mess and this will start all over again.

We arrive at my Mom's, Lee, Rachel and Jared are already there, and they two have their hands full with him, as soon as JJ see Jared off she goes, we put them in the playroom, that way we don't lose the two.  They play so well together, as Lee and I stand there watching them.  We two as Dad's, who would believe that.  Lee is a great dad too, he adores Jared, he looks like a mini Lee, no wonder these two get into mischief every time they are together, they are Elle and Lee to a tee.

Elle's POV

I walk out to the back deck, where everything is set up, June has gone crazy, with the assistants of my Dad who is just goo goo over his little fireball. This is one heck of a party of two one-year-olds.  I see Rachel coming out, she is moving pretty slow these days, she is due in about 2 months, yup she is pregnant again.  It happened faster than she wanted but they are ok with it, get them over and done with as they both say.  "So Elle, when are you going to try for another one, this one is going to need a playmate just like those two."  "We have discussed it and it might be sooner than you think, we have been trying but don't say anything." Rachel squeals in a whisper and claps her hands lightly.  "Oh, I can't wait."  "Me neither actually."  "I have or should I say we have an announcement for everyone, So before we get the party going and the kids are happy, Noah and I want to let you guys know, no we are not pregnant, but my boss is retiring and has offered me his company and with the legal advice of this fantastic lawyer.  We just bought the business." As Noah is standing behind me, arms wrapped around me.  "This is a good thing, she will be able to be home more with JJ and maybe more who knows, my job is doing really well, now that I own the whole practice, no more attachments to the firm. We are in a good place."  Noah says.  "One more thing, we are buying our first house thanks to the help of June and Matthew, nothing crazy big, in a nice neighbourhood, close to parks and a school, and sort of situated between mine and Noah's offices," Elle says.  Everyone is so happy for us and Lee and Rachel are doing great one baby and another on the way.  This is a great day.

After the party, we head home, JJ is tuckered right out she had so much fun and was so spoiled, they both were.  As we both tuck her in and kiss her good night, Noah pulls me to him, "Mrs Flynn shall we try again tonight for another one", as he looks down at me, biting his bottom lip. "Well, Mr Flynn are you up for the challenge?"  "Up for the challenge?" He chuckles as he scoops me up and whisks me away into our room.  

9 years later at the beach house

As we stand here the four of us, Lee, Rachel, Noah and myself looking at the pictures that we have added to the wall at the beach house.  It is amazing how far we have come.  There now hangs a picture of the four of us, just like the one of Noah, Lee and me.  Plus there are other new photos that have been added.  One of all the grandkids, and us with our families individually.  Noah and I and our 4 kids, yes we ended up with four kids, JJ(10), Lucy(7), Tyler(5) and Devon(4).  Lee and Rachel with their 3 kids, Jared(10), Kyle(9) and Veronica(6). This makes my insides so warm to see.  Noah wraps his arm over my shoulder, whispers in my ear, "I love you and I love this family we have built."  I couldn't be more in love with this man than I am today.  Our lives have turned out to be what we always wanted.  

Six years apart was the best thing that ever happen to us, because of that time, it made Noah what he is today and that is one of the most sought Family Lawyers in town, yes he choose his speciality, and ya it is family law. Me, it made me believe in myself and that drove me to succeed. My company is going perfect, I have an awesome team running it, they are doing a great job.  We have a few more new clients one of which I am so excited about is Nintendo. Lee is running his own Architectural company, and Rachel is a stay at home mom and does some freelancing designs for different companies and people. Linda and my dad are happy and living in a new place by the beach, Brad just graduated from college, with a Business degree.  Last we heard Chloe and Marco are living in New York again, with two kids and are doing well.  Chloe did send us a letter a few years back apologizing for her behaviour and hopes that we can all be friends, which we all are even Marco and Noah.  June and Matthew are retired still living in the same house, they did consider selling it, but with all these grandkids they said they need the room for them.  Instead, they decided to renovate the Beach house to accommodate this now very large family.  

As the night comes to an end, Noah and I head to bed, open the glass door in our room that opens onto a deck overlooking the water, we can hear the waves hitting the shore, the moonlight beam just shinning enough that as Noah stands in the moonlight, I see the man I fell in love with my moons ago, he still looks the same, I wander over to him, wrap my arms around his waist, he places his arm over my shoulder and we stand there in silence admiring the view. He leans down kisses me and whispers in my ear I loved you then, I love you now and I will love you forever.

THE END