After the wedding

Noah's POV

Once home, as we walked to the door, I again scooped Elle up, "What are you doing?", "I am walking you over the threshold here into our home."  "Ok, your weird", I just laughed and carried her inside, I placed her down and gave her a big kiss.  I took our luggage to the room, while Elle open all the curtains and windows.  It was a beautiful day out, we were heading to dinner at my parent's place to do the gift opening.  But for now, we have all day.  As I entered the room, I think Lee and Rachel had been here, because there were rose petals all over the bed, candles everywhere, and a note on the bed.  I call out to Elle to come to see this, as she enters the room, "Noah, what have you done, this is beautiful", "I can't take the credit, I found it this way, I think Lee did it."  I grabbed the note, there is a gift card to our favorite take out restaurant and a little note saying "Enjoy"  Love Lee and Rachel.  We decided that maybe we should ditch tonight and make it tomorrow night, we don't want this to all go to waste.  I called my mom and she was fine with it.  So we spent the day together just watching movies, we ordered dinner and then well the rest of the night was just as good as the night before.  This woman drives me crazy.

The next month was pretty normal.  My mom found me the perfect little office not far from here, Elle was busy finishing up the last things on her game.  Her team managed to get it completed two months ahead of time, which was her plan because in a few weeks we are heading to Europe for 3 weeks for our honeymoon.  Life was good and normal, this felt like the place to be, and I really wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Elle POV

The time had come to set up Noah's office.  June, Rachel and I had a blast.  I was the perfect little spot.  Rachel with her interior design degree, made this office reflect Noah perfectly, man her touches were amazing, the place looked so good.  In his office he had a glass desk, a black chair, two slick seating chairs for clients, she painted the room a satin grey, the office just popped, she put a few bookshelves in, placed a few pictures around and plants.  It felt so comfortable, but elegant at that.  The reception area, she made it inviting, she had a couch brought in, it had a high back grey with black specking throughout it and those same slick lines, there was this amazing fish tank she put it, she said it made people relax.  The reception desk was in white oak, offset with salmon colour on the walls, behind the reception desk she did a reclaimed wood wall, this office was awesome, and she did it on budget. Once that was all done, I helped Noah hire a girl to run the office, she was perfect, young just out of University, a degree in business, which I know sounds to much to be a receptionist, but she wasn't, she was going to be the office manager, do his books, all the scheduling.  Louise was her name and she fits in perfectly.  She as getting married in a year, she was so cute, but I didn't care, she had the right personality we were looking for.

Noah POV

Now that November was here, Elle and I were getting ready to go to Europe, so a few nights before we had Lee and Rachel over for dinner. Elle was looking forward to a break from things, her boss promoted her to head design lead, which she is looking forward to, but there is a lot to learn.  But once she starts working she will have more time to herself, she will be overseeing all the projects, hearing the pitches, picking the games to do and not to do.  Her boss was stepping back and basically leaving Elle in charge.  She will still be able to design games as she wants, but she is really looking forward to framing new and young developers minds.

We had dinner, it seemed so surreal here we are two married couples just hanging out. We sat out on the deck, it was such a warm night.  Lee and I cleaned up for the girls, which by the looks of it Rachel and Elle didn't mind at all, they just sat there, drank wine and enjoyed the breeze.  Back in the kitchen Lee and I were talking about our next golf game, trying to coordinate our schedules, for some reason we had really gotten into golf.  It was nice to go play around with my brother, we always enjoyed each others company, we'd got caught up with our lives, had a few beers, it was so different as adults now, every now and then the girls would join in for the game, but they preferred to go to the spa.  Once we were done, I asked if anyone need a top-up of their drinks, then Elle told me to grab monopoly.  Lee teased at how whipped I had become.  We then started to play game, it sometimes gets pretty competitive, but it is all in fun.   

As the night started to quiet down be were starting to have serious talks. Lee looked at the two of us, "I am truly glad you two sorted yourselves out.  I was literally getting tried of listening to you too.  You were both travelling the same path, and I wanted to tell you guys that but just couldn't.  But here we are and I really couldn't be happier for you two."  I took Ells hand in mine, "We are so in love, more so now then back then, I mean I missed out on so much of her successes but we needed this, I needed to grow up.  Though one thing I have never told any of you is, I did see Elle about 2 years ago at Lee's graduation." "Wait, what you told me you couldn't come because you were busy with a case, I mean I was hoping you would of come, possibly then you two may of talked then, and who knows we could of been here sooner." Lee says.  "I know your right, I did see you Elle, I was going to come talk to you, but you looked so happy and you were busy with Lee, I didn't want to cause drama at a moment that was meant for him." Elle turned and looked at me, "you know the funny thing is, I thought I saw you there but then I thought I was just seeing someone who looked like you.  I remember thinking damn I wish it was him.  Then I just went on with my day." I leaned over and kissed her, she is so beautiful, that's my wife and I couldn't be any happier.  Then I needed to change the topic we were starting to bum out the evening.  

I turned the attention to Lee, "So now that you and Rachel have been married for a bit, when are the kiddies coming?"  Lee turned and shot a look at Noah, "Not for a bit we have discussed maybe in a year. Rachel wants two boys, and I want to girls, but I truly hope for a boy and a girl."  Rachel shook her head ya in respond to Lee.  "Things are good right now, Rachel is really busy, and I am working with this big and publicly known company to help them design a mansion for some big wig.  I am up to the challenge. So for at least the next year, we are going to be busy. That is why we decided the baby time is in a year." Lee says.

Once Lee and Rachel left, I turned to Elle, "so when are we going to try for babies?"  Elle stood there in shock at first, then smiled at me, when the time is right."  "When will that be?" As I grabbed her around the waist, and playfully tickled her. "Who knows, we just know when we know."  As we headed into bed, I pulled the blankets back crawled, Elle joined me, we snuggled up to each other just like we were made for each other, our bodies fit perfectly together. My height didn't seem to matter in bed, this was my safe place with Elle.