Twenty-three

AN: Thank you for 100k reads, enjoy Chapter 23 ❤️

-

Y/N = Your Name

Y/E/C = Your Eye Color

-

Dom's POV

For a moment I thought I could see her, standing in front of me in some kind of feverish nightmare. She felt so close, like if I just extended my hand in her direction I could touch her soft skin. So warm, so full of life. Was this a sign of sorts? Or what this simply a mockery my mind has made at my expense. Either way it didn't matter, because simply seeing her shiny Y/E/C eyes made things feel okay in a time where everything felt so wrong.

Am I dying? Leaks of light seep into my peripheral. The lights get brighter with every second that passes, soon I am blinded with shades of red, blue, and white. What the fuck is going on?

My eyes open and my brain tries to comprehend the scene around me. Through blurry vision I can just barely make out the people rushing around me. All suited up in uniforms of different sorts. I think they're trying to talk to me.

"Hey! Can you hear me?" A bright light flashes back and forth past my face.

"Hey! Son are you with me?" I begin to feel something shaking my body frantically.

I try to respond to the questions, but I can't seem to find the energy to speak. As my vision slowly clears up I look down at myself. My clothes, covered in red, my hands and arms dirty with the same deep crimson. I suddenly come to in the drivers seat of someone's car.

What the fuck? How did I get here? Who's fucking car is this?

"Get him out of the car, get a stretcher!" Suddenly I feel many hands on my limp body. They tug and pull me through shredded metal. Shards of glass fall off my body as they lay me down on a cold, soft material.

"We're gonna get you help Son, you're gonna be okay." A man speaks to me and I watch as others strap me down onto the platform. I look around and again try to comprehend the scene around me. Voices, so many voices. Sirens, so many ringing in my ears.

"We've got a single-car wreck. Male juvenile was the sole victim, he's conscious but barely. We can't conclude extend of injuries."

I am rushed into what is presumably an ambulance, I fight to stay alert but my body wants to slip away. I hear the ambulance doors slam and the vehicle starts to move. I watch out the window as the wrecked car I was pulled from becomes a blur in the distance, and then disappears.

In fact, everything starts to blur and disappear slowly once again.

"Stay with us honey, we're on the way to the hospital." A female voice calls to me.

"What's your name baby?" She speaks again.

My name... my name? Fuck.

All I can get out are hums and wordless mumbles. My brain can't comprehend an answer to their pressing questions. I think I'm going out again.

"Hey! Hey can you-"

All noise seems to blend together and melt away. My sight goes black and suddenly everything's quiet.

Quiet. Huh. That's a change.