Three

Y/N = Your Name

Y/L/N = Your Last Name

-

Your POV

"Ms. Y/L/N, Hello! What do you need?" Dr. Brismall says as I enter his office.

"I have some questions about Dominic Harrison, in the ICU." I say sitting down opposite to him.

"What would you like to know?"

"Just more about him, I had an interaction with him as I was leaving last night, he's definitely not what I expected from someone so ill."

"Well you see Ms. Y/L/N, Dom is not like most psychotic patients we see here. He's a master manipulator, he wants people to believe he's not as ill as he really is." Dr. Brismall explains.

"What caused his psychosis?" I ask curiously.

"Well, to be honest, we aren't too sure. We have talked to his family, but there didn't seem to be any obstruction back home that could have caused him to lose his mind. We can only assume it was a development from other mental illnesses he had from very early on that just went unnoticed his whole life."

"Like?" I ask, wanting to know more.

"Possible Bipolar disorder, Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, Schizophrenia, Anxiety disorder."

"He had all of that and it went undetected? Wouldn't his family had noticed?" I question.

"Well his parents said he was a handful growing up, but they thought he would just grow out of it."

"And it all came together and developed psychotic disorder?" I ask, making sure that I understand.

"The perfect equation for disaster." He says.

"When was he diagnosed with psychosis?"

"At 15, they attempted to treat him back in the UK, but all treatment seemed to be ineffective. He was sent here to the states right after his 16 birthday, when the disorder seemed to be getting increasingly worse."

"How long will he be here before he gets sent back to the UK?" I inquire.

"We don't know exactly, whenever we are able eradicate his psychosis or at least get it to downgrade in severity enough for him to receive effective treatment back home."

I nod and think for a second. Then an idea pops into my head.

"What if I tried to work with him?" I ask.

"Ms. Y/L/N, you must understand that Dom isn't like other patients that you work with."

"I know that. I understand it could be a challenge, but I'm willing to try. Instead of you handling his routine therapy sessions, I could. Like you said, he may have an easier time opening up to someone closer to his age." I say trying to persuade him.

"It will not be an easy task Y/N." Dr. Brismall says.

"I understand that, but I might be able to get through to him." I say confidently.

"You know it would be really good experience for me too." I add, trying to persuade him farther.

Dr. Brismall looks at me for a second and then sighs in defeat.

"You'll start tomorrow." He says giving in.

"Thank you sir." I say smiling as I get up from my seat before leaving his office feeling very accomplished.