Twenty-seven

Y/N = Your Name

-

Your POV

Leaks of sunlight dance along the walls of the brightly painted corridors. It's not a far journey from one side of the pediatric ward to the other. However, the short distance between myself and Dom feels worlds away.

We stop at a door marked D. Harrison 18, my heart flutters at the mere sight of his name. The doctor knocks twice before opening the door, stepping inside as myself and my mom follow.

The moment feels like it's in slow motion. From the time I am wheeled into his room to when our eyes meet. He's bloody, bandages wrapped around his arms and legs. His chest is bare, leads from the heart rate monitor pasted onto his chest. The glint of shiny silver leads my gaze down to his wrists. Cuffed and secured together in front of him.

"Dom." I whisper, his eyes widen looking back at me. Before anyone can stop me, I jump out of the wheelchair and bolt towards him on the bed.

"Y/N!" My mom yells frightened, trying to grab me, but I'm already gone from my chair.

I practically pounce onto him, wrapping my arms around him and burying my head in his chest. I squeeze him tighter than I ever have. Hot tears run down my face. I feel his cold, calloused hands on my thighs, holding me gently in the only way he can with restricted wrists.

"Y/N," he says, accent strong leaving an ache in my chest, his voice is like a symphony to my ears.

I pull away from and hold his hands, tight never wanting to let go of him again. Our eyes stay locked for a moment before his gaze drops to our intertwined fingers.

"No, no please say something." I plead, panicked that he will push me away. Shut me out in fear of rejection, or in free of getting reattached.

"I didn't believe them when they said you were alive." He mutters, his bruised thumbs rubbing my own cold hands.

"It's not your fault." I say, reaching my and to the side of his face forcing him to meet my gaze. "I'm not angry."

"I almost killed you." He states, his voice shakey and somber. It's a demeanor I've seen in him many times before.

"But you didn't, you didn't, and I know you didn't want to. You didn't mean it, we both know you didn't mean it. It wasn't you Dom, you know it wasn't you." I plea through sobs, desperately trying to get through the walls he's put back up.

"I should be dead for what I did Y/N." Tears drip from his eyes as he breaks eye contact again.

"Dominic, please don't say that! That's not true! We're both here and we're alive and we both fucked up and you know that and I know that. Please don't blame yourself for all of this!" I cry, tears flooding from my eyes. I hate every second I see Dominic hurting. I promised him I'd never let him get hurt again. I failed in the worst way possible.

"I love you Y/N, I love you, and I'm so sorry." Dom mutters through tears. I grab his face and press my lips against his, needing him closer. Praying that a kiss could undo everything that went wrong and repair what's been broken.

He kisses back, he's hesitant but he accepts. Keeping his grasp on my thigh as my hands move down to his neck. He breaks the kiss and my body aches at the lack of him. "I love you," I whisper to him, our foreheads resting on each other's as we cry. "And I forgive you." I add as I wipe the tears off his cheek.

I look back at the officer, doctor, and my mother. Her cheeks are wet, tears staining her skin as she looks back at me.

"They're not gonna let you stay Y/N." Dom says, placing his cuffed hands as close as possible to either sides of my waist. I look back at him, moving to hug his torso protectively. "They're not taking me away from you, not again." I say, my head against his chest.

We stay there silently holding each other, letting everything around us fade into obscurity. Tuning out the officer's commands, especially when he eventually tells me that it's time to go.

The officer walks over to us on the bed and grabs my shoulder.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I yell, refusing to let go of Dominic.

"Honey, we've gotta go." My mom says through tears.

"LEAVE US ALONE!" I scream, God would everyone just go the fuck away?

"Baby, you need to go." Dom says as he removes his hands from my sides. I squeeze him harder.

"No! No they're gonna take me away from you and never let me see you again. AND I WONT LET THEM!" I cry, my body feeling weak as I sob uncontrollably.

"I promise you, you'll see me again. Baby I promise." Dom says placing his hands on my cheeks, leading me to his gaze.

My Y/E/C eyes meet his own shiny emerald eyes. He leans in, breaking the distance between our lips and engulfing my soul in a kiss that tastes toxic and addictive. I kiss him back without a second of hesitation. Reeling in the comfort of him as our lips touch.

"I promise." He whispers, kissing me one more time before pulling away.

"I love you, Dominic." I whisper through sobs, mentally preparing myself to leave my emerald angel again.

"I love you too, Y/N." Dominic replies as my nurse and doctor help me back into the wheelchair.

Tears keep falling from my eyes as we leave the room, door closing behind us in the cold corridor.

Leaving my love and soul behind in the emerald void and fading into the pit of darkness below.