Twenty-eight

Y/N = Your Name

-

Your POV

*2 Months Later*

It's been two months since I last saw Dominic in the hospital.

The charges were dropped against him after the courts decided he wasn't mentally stable that night at Grandview. It also helped his case that I refused to talk to the police. My parents weren't happy with that, but they respected my decision. However, they did insist I attend therapy in the aftermath of my love affair.

I was let go from my job at Langley Porter as well, seeing as Dominic returned to the facility after the charges were settled. They thought it was the best course of action. I used to spend almost every waking hour with Dom, now they want me as far away from him as possible. Fucking hypocrites.

Regardless, I don't regret anything. I loved Dominic then, and I still do now. Nothing and no one can ever change that.

I hear a knock from behind me at my bedroom door. I stay curled up in my bed, blankly staring at the wall as the door opens slowly.

"Y/N Honey, I made lunch do you wanna come join your dad and I?" My mom says, her voice soft and quiet. My parents have treated me like I'm made of glass since we left the hospital.

"I'm not hungry." I mutter, holding the bright red blazer close to my chest, the only piece of Dom I still have.

"What's wrong baby? Talk to me. You haven't left your room in days and you've barely eaten anything." My mom pleads, sitting down on my bed behind me. I remain silent, knowing that she already knows the answer to her own question.

"Is that Dominic's?" She asks, referencing the brightly colored article I'm holding so close.

"He let me keep it after the first time we-." I stop short. She already knows enough about what happened between us, though some details are much too sacred for anyone but myself. "Um, hung out."

"Y/N, you know you can be honest with me. I'm your mom, you can tell me anything." She presses on, begging to be let into my emerald city that I've protected with iron gates. Even after it's been clouded by tear drop rain and despair.

"I miss him." I mumble. Short, simple, and to the point.

"I know, baby, I know." My mom sighs, rubbing my shoulder comfortingly.

Dominic's smell lingers on the jacket as I hold it close, taking me back to the nights we spent together, alone and unbothered. The nights I gave him all of me, all of the things I couldn't take back, not that I would ever want to.

"Mom, can you get me some water and Tylenol? My head hurts, and I don't feel well." I mutter, a sharp stabbing pain shooting at my temples, one I've become pretty accustomed to as of recently.

"Honey, you haven't felt well for a couple days, maybe we should go to see a doctor. It could be from your injuries."

"It's not just my head mom. My stomach hurts too, and I'm exhausted. I'm probably just coming down with something." I say, dismissing her obvious worries.

"Okay, but if you still feel bad tomorrow, we're going to see Dr. Campbell." My mom says, getting up off my bed and heading for the door.

"Okay, mom." I sigh as she heads downstairs. I close my eyes, trying to relieve the pain in my head and subsequent nausea.

My mom returns a moment later with a bottle of water and two Tylenol tablets. I pop the pills into my mouth and wash them down. Mom pets my hair softly, and I lay in her arms. Closing my eyes and all I can see is Dom. Bright emerald orbs and a diamond smile. Nothing shines brighter than him.