Fourteen

Y/N = Your Name

Y/L/N = Your Last Name

-

Your POV

"Here are some hospitalization records that need to be put in Dominic's file." Dr. Brismall says handing me a packet of paper. I read the heading.

"Cheswold Park Hospital? What's that?" I inquire paging through the packet.

"It's a mental facility in Doncaster, he was sent there at 15 after an apparent suicide attempt. He cut both of his arms during what we can assume was a psychotic episode. It was at Cheswold that he was first diagnosed with psychosis." Dr. Brismall explains.

I swallow hard. Thinking of Dominic trying to take his life makes my stomach drop.

"How close was he to-" I start a question I'm not sure I want the answer to. I'm unable to finish, as my throat feels like it's closing off, but luckily Dr. Brismall understands what I'm trying to ask.

"He was in critical condition for a week in hospital. About a half centimeter deeper would have killed him." He explains.

My heart aches at the thought, so I try to block out the image. I take a shaky deep breath and focus back in.

"You alright Y/N? I understand information like this can be disturbing for someone your age, would you like to go?" Dr. Brismall asks, sounding concerned.

"No no, I'm fine. Just a bit taken aback. Is there anything else you needed?" I say changing the subject.

"Uh yes, I wanted to make sure you got Dominic's new medication. It's vital that he gets it especially now that his illness has worsened again." Dr. Brismall says, my hand gripping the bottle in my pocket.

"Yes I actually just got it, I'll um, give it to him shortly." I lie. I don't know how I'll get him to take it, as he flat out refuses it.

"Remember, he needs to take 3 a day to keep his symptoms at bay." The man across from me says.

"Yes sir." I say nodding.

"That's all Miss. Y/L/N, let me know if you need anything."

"Will do sir. Thank you." I say, leaving the room.

I start to make my way back to the ICU, eager to see Dominic. However something inside me stops me dead in my tracks, and I need to take a moment to breathe. Instead of heading back to the ICU as planned I decide to finish up some work in my office instead, a unoccupied therapy room in the adolescents ward that Dr. Brismall make-shifted into a workroom for me. I make it to my room and store away Dominic's files. Then I face the stack of paperwork on my desk.

Dom's POV

"I'm in control." I mutter under my breath.

Its never what it seems.

"I'm in control."

You have to end this now.

"I AM IN CONTROL!" I shout into the air.

Either it's you or her someone has to die.

"GOD FUCKING DAMNIT WOULD YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY?!" I scream back at the voice.

"Y/N! Y/N PLEASE! YOU HAVE TO GET ME OUT OF HERE!" I scream as loud as I can but no one seems to hear me.

"Y/N HELP ME PLEASE I NEED TO GET OUT!"

You'll never escape it.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD SHUT UP!" I say standing up, stumbling my way to the door.

I bang furiously on the metal door.

I punch the threshold until my knuckles begin to bruise and bleed.

"Y/N PLEASE!" I cry, tears streaming down my face as I plead.

"DOMINIC?" I hear a familiar voice call from down the hall.

"Y/N! HELP ME PLEASE!" I plead.

"DOMINIC I'M COMING! HOLD ON!" I hear the voice grow louder.

A moment later I see Y/N appear through the window on the other side of the door.

I back up as she unlocks and opens the door.

She bursts into the room and slams the door behind her.

I throw myself into her arms and cry.

"Dom hey, hey I'm here now. Okay I'm here." She says, holding me tight.

"You- you've got to get me out of here. I can't be here anymore." I say through sobs, clinging onto ur with my bloody knuckles.

"Okay, okay I promise I will. Tonight okay I promise." She assures me, her breathing is heavy and shakey.

"Please." I whimper, the tears starting to slow down.

"Okay baby. I promise." She reassures.

I breath heavily as we lay back down on the bed. She kisses the top of my head and strokes my hair, comforting me.

"I promise."