Eleven

Y/N = Your Name

Y/L/N = Your Last Name

-

Your POV

I lock the door to Dom's room with shakey hands and slip the keys back into my pocket, then I leave the adolescents ward and head to Brismall's office.

I take a deep breath before knocking on Brismall's door.

"Yes, come in!" Dr. Brismall calls out.

I open the door and step inside before closing it behind me.

"You wanted to see me?" I say sitting down opposite of him. Trying very hard to hide my obvious nervousness.

"Yes Miss Y/L/N, I just wanted to consult with you about Dominic's recent brain scan."

"What? Oh yeah, um of course." I stutter, mentally sighing in relief.

"So, here we are." Dr. Brismall says handing me the document.

I look at the sheet of paper in my hand.

"Dissociative Identity Disorder? You never told me he was diagnosed with that." I say confused.

"Because beforehand we had just been assumed it was as part of the psychosis symptoms but lately it seems to have become a separate disorder."

"But what could have triggered it?" I say, racking my brain for a explanation for the diagnosis.

"I don't know Ms. Y/L/N, but I'd like for you to try and find out."

"Will do sir." I say nodding.

"His psychosis severity has also increased, so you can see why we're concerned."

"But why?" I mumble to myself, I could have sworn he was getting better.

"I recommend you continue treatment as normal until he gives you a reason for adjustment. Just stay alert." Dr. Brismall says.

"I will doctor, thank you." I say in agreement.

And with that, I get up and leave his office.

I look at the documents again on my way back to the Adolescents ICU.

This couldn't be right, I could have sworn he was getting better.

As I approach the adolescents ward I hear muffled yelling coming from the ICU. I instantly recognize the voice.

Dominic.

I start running through the ward, and rush through the ICU doors. The yelling get louder as I get closer to his room. I fumble with the keys as I approach room 11. I hurriedly unlock the door and see Dominic on his knees on the floor, screaming at nothing in particular.

"YOU CAN'T TAKE MY LIFE AWAY FROM ME! I WON'T LET YOU! YOU WON'T STEAL MY YOUTH!" He screams in the thin air as he pounds he fists into the padded floor.

I watch him in shock, only now realizing I completely forgot to put him back in the straitjacket before I left.

He begins to pound this fists against his head.

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" He says between the strikes on himself.

I then spring into action.

"Dominic stop!" I say trying to grab his arms.

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" Dom continues slamming his fists into his head.

"DOM PLEASE YOU'RE GOING TO HURT YOURSELF!" I shout panicking. I continue to try to get a grip on him but he's just too strong.

Then an idea pops in my head.

I reach into my pocket and grab the rapid tranquilizer I'm required to keep on me. I struggle to roll up one of his sleeves, and as carefully as I can through his sudden movements, I stick the needle in his arm, injecting the medicine.

Slowly, Dom becomes faint in my arms. Before his body goes completely numb.

I take deep breaths and hold my hand on his chest as I feel this heartbeat slowly go back to normal.

"Oh Dom." I say, pushing a piece of his dark brown hair out of his eyes. I wipe tears from my own eyes that I didn't even realize were there.

As carefully as possible, I move him to his bed. I lie him down and kneel down next to him before placing a gentle kiss on his slightly parted lips.

"I love you." I say stroking the side of his face with my thumb.

I then get up, and leave the room.