Thirty-one

Y/N = Your Name

Y/L/N = Your Last Name

-

November 1st

Dom's POV

"Dominic I must say we are all very impressed with your improvement the last few months." Mr Doctor Man says, sitting across from me in his office.

I offer a small, ingenuous smile at the comment. Given that the so called improvement came at a price of months in my own hell. Dramatic medication changes causing constant nausea and disorientation before any psychological changes became evident.

"In fact I can confidently say that you've improved enough for me to discharge you from Langley Porter in the coming weeks, though you will be subjected to further outpatient treatment once you return home to Doncaster."

"W-what? Are ya serious?" I stutter, disbelief overwhelmingly obvious in my voice.

"Well you are 18 now Dominic, and therefore have aged out of the adolescence ward here. And since you haven't had any serious symptoms in over a month. I do believe you're stable enough to receive effective treatment back home."

3 years, 3 years in here waiting. The prospect of ever going home felt completely hopeless for most of that time, I'm really going home.

"Now we're not gonna push you out of here in any hurry. We do want to prepare you for integration back into society by letting you spend weekends with your parents, but having you stay here in hospital during the week. You'll have to be kept on a tight medication schedule and never be without the supervision of your mother or father."

My parents didn't return to the UK after the... incident. They had to stay here during court proceedings but decided that they wouldn't go back home even after the charges were dropped. They have been renting a condo in San Francisco since then so they could stay nearby. My mom insisted she "wasn't going home again without her son." And I took great comfort in that. Having my parents nearby probably helped a lot in my recovery.

"Your parents will sign you out at 6pm tonight and-" The phone on the desk rings before he can finish his sentence. Brismall picks up the phone and clears his throat "Excuse me one moment Dominic." He gets up out of his seat and steps outside the door, closing it behind him. I shrug it off as I stare at the wall, daydreaming about finally leaving this hell.

Finally.

---

Your POV

"Hello, Dr. Simon Brismall of Langley Porter Psychiatric Facility." The voice on the other end of the line speaks.

I debate slamming the phone down, my throat tightens and I can't find the words to speak.

"Hello? Dr. Brismall speaking." He says again.

"Um, h-hi Dr. Brismall. Its- um it's Y/N Y/L/N." I grip the phone tight, there's no turning back now.

"Miss. Y/L/N? Long time no talk, how are you? What can I do for you?"

"Um- uh yeah I'm fine. Um. I need to talk to you, about Dominic. About- speaking to- to Dominic." I stutter, half expecting the Doctor to hang up the phone right there.

"Y/N, you shouldn't do that." Disapproval or even worry in his voice seeping through the phone.

"I have to Dr. Brismall. I swear it's really important."