Seven

Y/N = Your Name

-

Your POV

And so it began.

Daily one on one therapy sessions with Dominic, in which he talked in depth about his thoughts, emotions, and fears.

Supervising weekly brain scans, that are rightfully out of my skill set, but my only job pertaining to them is to be there when they are performed.

However, possibly the most striking to me, Dominic's daily outings to the courtyard of the hospital, where he is completely unrestrained.

The infamous straitjacket that I had only ever seen him in before becoming his primary doctor, is traded in for an off-white hospital shirt that matches his pants. Seeing him look like every other patient here makes him seem harmless, almost completely hiding away all the demons inside his head.

However keeping the potential hazard in mind, during these outings I am required to carry a rapid tranquilizer, just in case he does lash out. Luckily, I have not needed to use it.

Dom seems to reach a sort of peace of mind when he's outside the dull walls of Langley Porter. It's like his illness was never even there.

"Ya'know Y/N, I really like it out here. With the grass and the flowers. It reminds of my childhood." Dom says as we sit in the garden of the courtyard.

"How so?" I ask.

"When I was little, my mum used to take me to the park in our neighborhood almost everyday. It seemed like the only place in sad, insignificant Doncaster, England that had some life to it. It had beautiful, colorful flowers, grass greener than ya ever seen, children playin' and happy. It seemed like heaven on earth for little Dominic. No words man."

Dom lights up, reminiscing about a happier time in this life, and my heart begins to ache for him. I've never seen him talk about something with such passion and liveliness before. It only makes me wonder how much he must miss being a "normal" kid, and feeling like every other kid our age.

"It sounds amazing." I say, taking Dominic's hand into mine. Our fingers intertwine perfectly between each other.

"Oh, it was." He says smiling, our eyes lock as he turns his head towards mine.

"I know it must be hard being so far away from home for so long." I say sympathetically, looking away from Dom and turning my head to the sky.

"It was, at least before you came along. You are the only person here that doesn't treat me like a project. Now it's your company that feels like home to me Y/N."

I look over again at the pair of green eyes next to me. Dom looks at me admiringly, but I seem to get lost in shades of emerald and heartache.

"Well then I'll be your home Dom. I'll be whatever it is you need me to be." I say smiling.

Dom smiles wide and looks down at the grass, probably blushing.

My heart melts at the sight of the seemingly over the moon, happy boy next to me.

And my heartbeat marks the beginning of something lovely, and potentially deadly.