Seventeen

Y/N = Your Name

-

Your POV

We lie in my bed, my head resting against Dominic's chest which is rising and falling rapidly under me. We are both breathless from what we had just finished doing, coming down from our highs just minutes earlier.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that again." Dom says, his voice husky and accent thick.

"Me too." I say looking up at him and kissing his lips gently. He has a lazy smile on his face and he genuinely seems at peace right now which puts a comfortable warmth in my chest. I sigh in content never wanting this weekend to end. Never wanting to have to see Dom as my patient ever again, just as my lover.

Dom runs his fingers through my hair as I mindlessly trace patterns with my fingers on his bare skin. I swear the two of us can't keep our hands off each other. All of the boundaries those hospital walls put on us, all the things we felt but couldn't act on. It feels like its all been lifted. And finally we can let out hearts speak louder than our heads.

I close my eyes and breath in deep, letting all of my fears slip away and allowing myself to let go of doubt for a while. And finally my mind lays to rest, and sleep overcomes my body.

Dom's POV

I look down at the sleeping girl cuddled up against me. She looks so peaceful and so purely beautiful. If this is what normal teenage life is like, I never want to leave her bed.

She really is beautiful isn't she?

"Absolutely. The epitome of angelic." I say subconsciously.

She'd look gorgeous in a most beautiful ruby red.

"Yeah she would."

You better do what you have to do while you still have the chance. She'll go out easily if she's asleep.

"What? N- no- I'm not gonna-"

Don't be a total twat, you know that there is no easy way out of this. She's in too deep and if you don't save her from it, she's gonna get hurt.

I'm snapped out of my trance when I feel Y/N stir and wrap her arm around my waist. Suddenly my brain goes numb. The voice quiets and all I can focus on is her.

No I can't lose her. I need her. She's my freedom from the psychology restraints that have held me captive for so long. She's the key to the lock on my psyche. Sanity is only possible with her. And I'm not gonna let her slip away.

Or maybe I'm being selfish.

As much as I want to keep her to myself, subconsciously I was right. There would be no other painless way to save her from what I had gotten her into. I did this to her, and I can't continue to be so self-centered. I need to take matters into my own hands and do what is right for my love.

But for now, a little while longer of peace won't do us any harm.

---

Your POV

I wake up to sunlight spilling through my bedroom windows. I rub the sleep from my eyes and glace up at Dom who is still fast asleep. His messy dark hair falls over his face, and his plump lips are parted slightly. It is probably the most beautiful sight I've ever seen.

If we stayed like this forever, that would be just fine. My hands roam over his skin, pale from the lack of exposure to sun since he's been trapped inside hospital walls for almost 2 years now. I swear after one day on the beach and he'd be at least 3 shades darker. My fingers trace down his arm as my eyes catch a thin but large vertical scar, an identical one on the other extremity. I feel a faint ache in my heart, as I recall the conversation I had with Dr. Brismall not too long ago about Dominic's nearly fatal suicide attempt. Just knowing he has ever been in that kind of pain fills me with great grief, but I swear to myself that I will never let him feel that way again.

I place a gentle kiss on his abdomen before getting out of bed and heading into my bathroom to freshen up and prepare for the day. Today will be Dom's first full day out of the hospital in over a year, so I wanna make it perfect.

I close the bathroom door so I don't wake the sleeping boy on the other side and begin to brush my teeth. But just a few moments later the bathroom door opens and walks in is a sleepy Dom with crazy bedhead, he looks absoulutely adorable. I rinse off my tooth brush and turn off the sink as Dom wraps his arms around my waist and presses my back up against his torso.

"Did I wake you baby?" I say, looking into his tired gaze in the mirror.

"Nah, I turned over and didn't feel you next to me so I couldn't fall back to sleep." Dom says in a groggily voice, his accent strong.

"Awe baby." I say as I turn around in his grip, placing my arms around his neck.

"What are you up to love?" He asks smiling and pecking my lips gently.

"About to hop in the shower, gotta start getting ready for today."

"Mmm, how bout I join you." The boy says flirtatiously which starts a fire in my stomach.

"I'd like that." I say nibbling on my bottom lip gently.

Dom smirks as he hoists me up forcing me to wrap my legs around his waist. He closes the bathroom door, not that it would matter because we are the only ones home, and attacks my neck with kisses as he begins to undress me.

And must I say, what a perfect start to perfect day.