Twenty-one

Y/N = Your Name

-

Dom's POV

"D-Dom?" She says, her voice shakey and weak with fear. "Dom, why- why do you a gun?" My finger hugs the trigger gently, but not hard enough to fire.

"This is the only way." I say, my heart pounding out of my chest. "The only way for what Dom, please put the gun down."

"The only way to save you Y/N, the only way to save you from me and from yourself." I feel breathless as I stare at the trembling girl. I can't tell if it's from fear, or from the cold, maybe both. "What are you talking about Dominic?" She questions. "You are never going to come back from this, from what I have I done to you. You gave spiralled into madness and they will lock you up just as they did to me. I won't let them do that to you, this is the only way out." I say slowly stepping towards her, causing her to step back.

"Dom, please we can work something out. I won't take you back. We can run away if that's what you want, just please put the gun down." Y/N says in a panicked tone, tears streaming down her face. "I'm sorry, I love you and I am so sorry Y/N." I say, walking toward her faster causing her to back up even more then before.

"DOM NO!" Y/N screams just as I prepare to pull the trigger. She begins to run backwards but trips over something on the ground causing her to fall and bash her head against a jagged rock. The blow so hard it knocks her unconscious immediately. "Shit!" I say as I drop the gun to my side and watch as blood begins to spill from the back of her head.

"Fuck Y/N." I say, running to her side and kneeling down next to her, blood staining my pants as I do so. I check for a pulse to see if the blow was fatal, but I am unable to find one.

I sigh and grab one of the blankets from where we were laying earlier before throwing it over my shoulder picking up Y/N, carrying her into the woods. I walk deeper into the woods until I find a clearing with no trees or bushes. I spread out the blanket on the frigid ground and lay Y/N's still body on it. Her blood covers my hands and clothes as I cross her arms on her chest and wrap her up carefully in the cover.

Before I cover her head I place a kiss gently on her purple tinted lips. "I love you forever Y/N." I say biting back tears that threaten to fall as I look upon my lifeless love. I soothe her blood stained hair with my hands as a tear falls down my face. Even in death she's beautiful "I love you." I say once more before covering up her face and leaving the scene.

I make my way out of the woods and pick up the remaining pillows and blankets from where we spent the night. Before I descend down the hill I look back at the spot where my love had spent her last dying moments. Then a small glint under the moonlight catches my eye.

I walk over to the glimmer and notice the pistol laying where I had dropped it earlier. I pick up the cold firearm and pocket it, before walking on the trail down the hill.