James Potter: Little Weakness

Requested by JulzLovDraco4Eva

I am not dead, I'm sorry that I'm not fast at updating but I hope you can bare with me and enjoy this One-Shot!

*****

Why does people have to have weaknesses. More specific, why did you have to have a weakness? And why did it have to be James Getting-In-Trouble Fleamont Potter.

It was some simple at first. Friends with the Marauders, best friends with the Marauders, seeing most of them as brother, especially Sirius. It should have stopped here. It should have stopped with you all being a happy family, but no. You just had to develop a crush on James as well.

And to make it worse? He used it against you! He wasn't aware of the fact that he used it against you, because he didn't know about your feelings, but he somehow managed to use it against you with his big pleading deer eyes.

So that's how you had ended up here, outside of Filch's office, guarding as the boy were in there, preparing for the next epic prank. It wouldn't have been so suspicious that you were in that hallway, if it wasn't for the fact that no one would willingly be close to that office and risking meeting Filch.

Speaking of the devil, there around the corner came the janitor of the castle. You could feel your heart really increasing as you quickly knocked on the office door, signalling the boys that it was time to leave. The invisibility cloak was still wrapped around you tightly, but that also meant that the boys were fully exposed.

Why had you agreed on doing this?

Several knock later, and the boys weren't out. What the in Merlin's name were they doing in there?

The door opened abruptly and put came the four boys, making such noise that they caught Filch attention from the distance and ran into you so that you dropped the goddamn cloak.

"Run!" James shouted at the top of his lungs and you felt a hand drag you with them.

In the corner of your eye, you saw how Remus quickly picked up the invisibility cloak and disappeared together with Peter, that bastard was getting away with it again. But Peter wasn't, he wasn't able to keep steps with Remus so he fell and exposed himself again.

Sirius was the one who had grabbed your hand, and ran the other way. Separation was a great idea, but it also meant that you lost track of James, Peter and Remus.

You ran into the common room before Sirius decided that it was safe and allowed you to sloe down and breathe. You were not shaped for running, another problem when it comes to hanging out with the Marauders.

"Do you think we got away?" Sirius asked.

"I hope so," You breathed. "But I don't think James or Peter did."

"Remus?"

You chuckled at the way Sirius' eyes sparked when mentioning his name.

"Present," A voice said from behind him and out of nowhere appeared the scarred werewolf-boy.

Sirius face softened at the sight of his Moony, and a smile grew on his lips.

"Always getting away are we?" Sirius spoke softly.

"Someone gotta be the smart one, right?" Remus grinned and teased the shorter boy.