Sirius Black & Remus Lupin: Yule Date Part 2

Request/Suggested by Eliza_Valdez0723  sorry if it's not exactly what you wanted and I hope that it didn't make you disappointed.

Today was the day. The yule ball and everyone were talking about it and tried the best to do their makeup and hair. You looked yourself in the mirror and sighed. It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't good either. You looked at the clock and realised that you've kept Remus waiting for 5 minutes now so you decided that this was enough.

On your way you were accompanied by Lily Evans, she was the definition of perfect, perfect hair, perfect makeup and her sky blue dress made it look like she came from heaven.

"Wow, Lily you look amazing!" You burst out.

"Thank you," Lily smiled. "You look beautiful as well. Y/c/d is wonderful on you."

"Aww you're making me blush," You said.

That's when you came down the stairs and saw all the Marauders waiting. They all stared at you both and your eyes meet Sirius. He seemed speechless, that's when you remember who you actually were going with and turned to Remus. Sirius might be devilish hot, but Remus was the definition of handsome.

"Wow Y/n you look absolutely gorgeous," Remus said as he offered you his hand. You took it and he pulled you close and whispered something no one else could hear. "The guy is going to be sorry for not asking you."

"You giggled and little did you know that someone was glaring at you. You turned around and saw Marlene came down. You got sad when you saw her. She was just like Lily, perfect, even if the makeup was a little too much she made it look absolutely amazing.

You saw Sirius giving her smile and it hurt. The fact that you should be the one he was smiling at. You wanted to be able to feel his love for you, the one thing that didn't exist. You felt Remus arm going around your waist as support, almost as if he knew that you were emotionally hurt.

"Shall we go in M'lady," Remus asked as the gentleman he is.

"That'll be a pleasure," You replied and you both walked in together with James and Lily, Sirius and Marlene and at last Peter and Peppa. It was wonderful, they had done it perfectly.

"This is breathtaking," You squealed.

"Yes, it is," Remus agreed.

The champions had already started to dance and soon more and more couples joined them.

"Would you like to dance?" Remus asked.

"I would love to dance," You replied and he dragged you out to the dance floor. It was a slow song, so his arms were around your waist and your arms around his neck. Your mind wandered off to an imaginary world where it was Sirius instead of Remus. You immediately felt guilty, here was a guy people would be drooling over if they got a chance and you were thinking of another guy.

"I'm sorry," You suddenly said. "I don't deserve this."

You were about to pull away, but he just kept his grip around you.

"It's okay," He whispered. "I understand that you can't get your mind off that guy but don't worry, I'm glad to be here."

You blushed. How did he know?

"Are you a mind reader?" You decided to ask.

"No," He chuckled. "But I'm good at understanding people."

You rested your head on his shoulder. He smelled like chocolate. It was always chocolate when you were near him. You never thought of Remus that much, your attention was often drawn to the more noisy Marauders. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe you should try to pay more attention to Remus, he definitely deserved it.

The night went by and you shared many cute moments with Remus. You got to know each other and found out that you had many things in common. Sirius still came up in your brain several times, but you learned to quickly ignore them.

After a while, you and Remus decided to get some fresh air so you went to the courtyard. There you continued your slow dance to the music that echoed through the walls. It was so perfect, blue sky covered with stars.

"I've always wanted to dance under the stars," You giggled as you looked up at the sky.

"Just with a different Marauder," Your eyes meet him when you realised what he said.

He laughed at your reaction.

"You knew?" You said shocked.

"It was quite obvious," Remus chuckled. "I mean if you pay attention. Besides I guess that Sirius is quite dreamy, you should try to be more discreet with your longing looks."

Now you blushed by embarrassment, how obvious were you.

"Don't worry," Remus whispered. "I won't tell anyone."

You continued dancing in the courtyard. You told yourself that this maybe is what you've been looking for all along. The awkward tension between you and Remus was gone now when he knew. It made it easier to talk with him and you laughed through the night.

What you didn't know was that Sirius hade come out to get so fresh air when he heard the laughter echo through the walls. He walked up and saw you both dancing and laughing. His heart shattered when he saw you two, not knowing that you were the girl he was trying to impress. He messed up and ended up going with Marlene.

Even if his heart actually belonged to you.