Remus Lupin: Slytherin

You walked towards the Library when suddenly three idiots came running. The ran into you and made you drop all your things. But they disappeared without any apology.

Not surprising since you were a Slytherin.

But one Marauder went up to you and helped you.

"Are you okay?" Remus asked.

You nodded. He gave you an apologetic look before he went after his friends.

*****

You and Remus was in the room of requirements. Yes you, a Slytherin Prefect were secretly dating the Gryffindor Prefect. And know you were in his arms on the wished sofa.

"I don't like the way my friends treat my girl" Remus muttered.

"You have to stand it if were are going to keep it down" You said.

"But I don't want this" Remus said. "I've already told you I want you to meet my friends"

"But you know how it's going to end" You said. "They won't accept me and you'll have to chose between me or them. I can't put your through that"

"They're my friends" Remus said. "They will accept you. Please Y/n give them a chance"

You nodded even if you feared what would happen. But you did it, for him.

Already next day you made it official. You and Remus walked hand in hand towards the rest of the Marauders.

"Marauders..." Remus said to get their attention. "This is my girlfriend. Y/n Y/l/n"

At first they were shocked. But their face expression changed to disgust when they saw the green details on your robe, especially Sirius' face.

"She's a Slytherin" Was the first thing James said.

"And?" Remus asked.

You already felt uncomfortable. You saw the look on their faces. Sirius muttered something you didn't exactly hear.

"We'll take that later" James responded to Sirius.

"I have to go" You lied and let go of Remus hand.

"See you later Love" Remus said as you walked away.

You didn't get far before the Marauders started to complain to their friend. Because of the lie you got to class ten minutes earlier than usual. You took a place and sunk down.

*****

Later that day you were walking down the hallway when you suddenly heard voice shouting at each other.

"She's not like that" You recognised Remus voice.

"Aw really?" You heard James say.

"She's a Slytherin!" Sirius shouted. "She's put there for a reason"

"So now you're judging ALL the Slytherins?" Remus said.

"Mate listen to me" James said. "Sooner or later she'll break your heart. We don't want that to happen"

"It's most likely that she'll betray you" Peter said.

"No she won't" Remus protested.

"Trust me" Sirius said. "She's is just like all the others. A filthy stupid cruel Slytherin"

After this you've heard enough. You knew that this would happen. And now Remus stood between you and the Marauders. It was the first time the Marauders ever had a serious fight. And it was because of you so you did something that would break your soul and heart.

You started to avoid Remus. It was the only way to spare him from choosing. You couldn't let your love lose his best friends. You knew how much they meant to him. So you avoided him.

You were last into everything lesson. You were the first one out. You took longer ways towards your destination to avoid Remus leaving him wondering what he've done wrong?

His friends told him that they warned him. That they were right but he didn't believe them. He knew that something was wrong but he never got the chance to ask you.

Until that night. The other Slytherin Prefect couldn't make it to the duty so you got another partner. Little did you know that it would be Remus himself. The moment you saw him walking towards him you regretted your decision on doing this duty.

"Y/n?" Remus asked.

"Let's just get this done Lupin" You muttered.

"No" He said and grabbed your arm. "I need you to answer a question first"

You took a deep breath and looked into does beautiful eyes once again.

"What?" You almost whispered.

"Why? Why have you been avoiding me?" He asked with an hurt expression.

You refused to answer the question and tried to walk away but his grip was to hard.

"Please tell me" He begged.

"Maybe because I'm just a filthy stupid cruel Slytherin" You replied but regretted it immediately, she had said to much.

Now Remus finally understood.

"You heard us" He said. "You heard us arguing that's why you've been avoiding me"

"I couldn't make you choose" You said, now everything just slipped out. "Between me and your best friends. I couldn't make you lose them because I knew that you love them no matter what. So I pushed you away, away from me and into their arms"

Before you could continue Remus pulled you into a hug.

"If I had to choose" Remus said. "I would choose you. Because real friends don't make you choose between your loved ones"

And with that Remus pulled you into a long wished kiss.