Bear 10

Darkness met his blurry vision as Marsh drowsily opened his eyes. His mind couldn't focus, but the need to pee dragged him out of his slumber. He'd never been in such a hibernation and it was hard to function through the constant cloud of exhaustion settled in his mind. 

"Marshall?" 

Marsh hadn't even realized that he'd made it to the hallway until he heard Walker call out to him quietly. 

"Are you alright?" the man asked as he walked up and knelt down in front of him, making Marsh give a quiet grumble. He'd meant for it to be a loud warning growl, but he couldn't muster up enough energy to raise the volume or even bare his teeth. 

The sound he did put a small smile on Walker's face as he reached forward and gently touched Marsh's injured leg. It had been healing decently well, but it still made him limp often, especially when he wasn't paying attention. 

"Go 'way," he eventually mumbled as he shuffled around the man and headed toward the bathroom. 

He felt eyes watching him as he moved, but didn't expect Walker to suddenly run up behind him and press a hand to his forehead to stop him from walking. The action woke him up a little more, resulting in a quick but sloppy bite to the man's wrist, though he couldn't break the skin. A hint of satisfaction welled in his belly when he heard Walker hiss behind him and remove his hand, but then he realized what he'd been doing and actually felt a little bad. He'd stopped him from walking face-first into the closed bathroom door. 

Turning, Marshall nervously looked up at Walker's smiling face in the darkness. He couldn't understand why the man still looked happy. He didn't bite him hard since he felt like he was permanently half asleep, but it still probably hurt. 

"It's alright. I know that running up to you like that would probably get me a reprimand, but I didn't want you to hurt yourself by accident. It's my fault that you're here, anyways, so I should protect you while you're hibernating. 

Marsh blinked up at him, but was struggling to get his mind to register a response. When he felt Walker settled a hand on his head for a brief moment, he frowned, then slowly turned as the man walked around him to open the door, then hold it for him. 

"You needed to use the restroom, right? Go ahead, I'll wait." 

Having nothing else to say, Marsh walked in and, catching himself right before he peed in the bathtub for the third time, he turned and used the toilet. Once he was done he flushed, then did his best to wash his hands while still in his daze. 

 When he stepped out of the room a few minutes after entering, Walker was waiting for him with his usual smile. 

"Here, let me help a second before you go back to bed?" he asked as he slowly reached forward, giving Marsh plenty of time to retreat, but he didn't feel any hostility, so he let him gently grasp one of his hands and press the edge of his T-shirt against his damp skin, drying it. 

Walker did the same with his other one, then stepped out of the way and nodded toward his room, which had technically become Marsh's. He'd been sleeping on the sofa downstairs but often came up to check on him. He could hear the door creak every so often in the back of his sleeping mind. 

Marsh remained still as he processed the situation. Walker figured that he was doing just that and carefully stepped around him to go relieve himself in the bathroom. 

When the man stepped back out a few minutes later, Marsh looked up and over his shoulder at him. 

"Is everything okay? Are you hungry or thirsty? I can go get you whatever you need."